2018 Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame Ballot

As for the modern US/Canada players, Rick Martel is my guy because of his performance as part of StrikeForce and the Can-Am connection. Hella charisma from that guy.

For the non-wrestlers: How can you not pick Gary Hart? I’m surprised he’s not in yet. Bill Apter, without a doubt, another great choice that I would vote for.

I think they should induct Kelly Kelly. She has paved the way for technical wrestlers like Eva Marie, Ashley Massaro and Sara Lee.

If you’re gonna make a joke, make it funny next time.

Milano had a spectacular two and a half year run in Australia from mid-1967 through the end of 1969 before joining up with the WWWF (former Capitol Wrestling Northeast territory of the NWA) in January of 1970.

However, he really participated in the States from 1959-1966 during what is considered the “Golden Age of Wrestling” (loosely considered from 1950-1965). I’m not belittling his achievements. Mario fought many big names and won a lot of titles during his tenure Down Under. However, it really wasn’t during the “Golden Age of Wrestling.”

From my collection:
1964: 14"x22" cardboard poster featuring Mario Milano and Jackie Fargo vs. The Black Monsters.

Thank you, I will try.

This is great stuff. I can’t tell too clearly from the photo but are “The Black Monsters” a very… let’s call it “outdated”… team as far as political correctness goes? Or are they just white guys in black hoods and outfits?

1 Like

Actually, “The Black Monsters” were two Hispanic guys running around in black hoods and outfits. Alfredo Soto & Tomas Riande were under the hoods. Black Monster #1 (Riande) was unmasked during a tag team match with Don and Jackie Fargo

The Black Monsters fought for a short period of time in the early 1960s in the Southern territories. Riande competed as Black Monster #1 as a single. I believe Soto (#2) was just part of the tag team.

If you want to see politically incorrect wrestling memorabilia keep following my thread “BLAST FROM THE PAST…” From time to time I plan on posting photos of some stuff that was normal for the period, but pc today.

1 Like

Great article piece on the website by Bleacher Report’s Jonathan Snowden making his case on Kiyoshi Tamura from UWFi into this year’s HOF.

I would cast 6 votes in the USA category (the only one I’m knowledgeable about)

In order I would vote

1. Edge
  2. Sgt slaughter
  3. Cm punk
  4. Randy Orton
  5. Ultimate warrior
  6. Goldberg

I’m sorry but if you’re just stuck in the American wrestling bubble, there’s a problem. You need to broaden your knowledge a bit.

1 Like

There’s a problem because I only watch American wrestling?

1 Like

A problem for who? It’s a hobby.

3 Likes

Anyway, I really hope Jun Akiyama gets inducted this year. It would be the last chance for him this year, after that he’s out of the ballot.