2020 NJPW Best of the Super Juniors final determined

Originally published at 2020 NJPW Best of the Super Juniors final determined

Headlining New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Budokan show on 12/11 was the finals of the 2020 Best of the Super Juniors tournament. The semi-main event saw Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) win their first World Tag League tournament by defeating David Finlay and Juice Robinson.

Hiromu Takahashi and El Desperado met in the BOSJ finals and went back and forth for over 20 minutes. Towards the conclusion of the match, Hiromu ripped off part of Desperado’s mask which led to Desperado taking the entire mask off and the crowd getting behind him. Although the crowd began to stand behind Desperado, Hiromu was able to put him away to win his second Best of the Super Juniors tournament.

El Desperado REVEALED#njbosj pic.twitter.com/qJMqdzoCG0

— GIFSkull III (Backup) #AEWDynamite (@SkullGIF) December 11, 2020

After the match, Takahashi got on the microphone and said that before he moves to IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori, he wants to face the winner of the Super J-Cup tournament that is taking place on December 12th on NJPW World and FITE. Clark Connors, Chris Bey, Lio Rush, Rey Horus, ACH, TJP, El Phantasmo and Blake Christian are competing in the tourney.

With Wrestle Kingdom being under a month away, here’s the current lineup for the show:

Night One
* IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Championships: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
* Will Ospreay vs. Kazuchika Okada

Night Two
* IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Championships: TBD (c) vs. Jay White (w/ Gedo)

When El Desperado’s mask came off that was my lean forward and pay close attention moment. This was a great match that managed to dash my expectations aside and make me go from thinking Hiromu’s gonna win to I have no idea who’s got this.