2K WWE Battlegrounds game, are you interested?

Is that the WM2000 and No Mercy series?

Is you asking if Retromania is related to N64 wwf games? The answer to that is no. Itā€™s the spiritual sequel to the WWF Wrestlefest games from the Arcade.

Yes, AKI made WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy with THQ for the N64, as well as two WCW games before that (WCW vs. nWo World Tour, and WCW/nWo Revenge). Also responsible for the beloved Virtual Pro Wrestling games from Japan, two Def Jam fighting games from the mid-00s with EA (Vendetta and Fight for NY), and I think an Ultimate MUSCLE game.

1 Like

For whatever dumb reason I never tried All-Stars. Oh well, hopefully this new one recaptures some of that.

Ya thatā€™s what I thought. For my tastes those were the best wrestling games ever.

1 Like

Iā€™m a huge fire pro fan and was really active in the community for like a decade.

I even worked on time hacks for different FP games over the years. Iā€™m a disgusting nerd.

1 Like

Retromania looks like a lot of fun - love the old WrestleFest engine so Iā€™m willing to give it a chance. Pretty decent roster also

Move Craft and Parts Craft have given fire pro world new life. Iā€™m starting to tinker with CPU AI logic to get some WWE/AEW created edits to perform the new move craft moves. This feature needs to come back in wwe games.

I thought the AKI game mechanics were the best of their time in comparison to their competitors. The alternative Acclaim WWF/WCW/ECW games were pretty dreadful.

However by the early 2000ā€™s Yukes Smackdown series overtook it pretty quickly in terms of depth of gameplay while maintaining a fun style. The Def Jam games were cool but also felt really lacking in comparison to Here Comes the Pain released around the same time. And then Yukes continued to very slowly make improvements all the way to 2K14 which I think was the pinnacle of wrestling games.

And then they went and completely broke their own engine in 2K15 trying to make it more ā€œrealisticā€ and wrestling games havenā€™t been fun since.

Battlegrounds at least looks like it should be fun. Iā€™m interested in trying it out. But even at $40 it still seems high. I have a feeling it will be on sale pretty quickly though.

Fire pro AI is so deep. I donā€™t remember WWE games ever having much of that.

Have you hit the point where you donā€™t play FP anymore and only sim matches?

I sim matches about 80% of the time. I just downloaded so many moves and have over 1000 edits. I want to get deep into a fire promoter save. I seen some good videos on YouTube.

1 Like