Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/11/27/a-kid-wins-nxt-uk-heritage-cup-tournament/
The inaugural NXT UK Heritage Cup has concluded and the winner of the tournament was determined on the 11/26 episode of NXT UK on the WWE Network. Trent Seven took on A-Kid in the finals and it was A-Kid emerging victorious from the match.
A-Kid, who hails from Spain and is 24 years old is the first Heritage Cup champion. He submitted Trent Seven in the ‘sudden death’ overtime round to win with a 2-1 score. The Heritage Cup was contested under British Rounds rules. NXT UK GM Johnny Saint’s assistant Sid Scala was about to hand the trophy to A-Kid but Seven took it from Scala and handed it off to A-Kid.
— NXT UK (@NXTUK) November 26, 2020
The Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship on the brand with the rules listed below:
- There will be six rounds for Heritage Cup matches. Each round will be three minutes.
- There will be 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are two-out-of-three falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- Once someone has won two falls, they are declared the winner.
- If there’s a disqualification or knockout, the match ends without the need for two falls.
- If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is ahead on falls wins.
Scheduled for next week’s episode of NXT UK is a singles match between Alexander Wolfe and Joe Coffey, along with Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster taking on The Hunt (Wild Boar & Primate) (w/ Eddie Dennis).