Adam Cole Contract Situation

This topic keeps coming up in other threads, so I feel its important enough of a topic to have its own thread.

In the last couple days reports have come out that WWE flew Adam Cole to Smackdown to have a 1 on 1 meeting with Vince McMahon. Reports indicate that the meeting went well and apparently with the new restructuring of NXT, Vince wants him for the main roster.

Not going to lie, Adam Cole on the main roster scares the hell out of me.

How does everyone think this will play out?

They’ll sign him to big contract, put him in catering, then release him in 6 weeks.

3 Likes

I get you’re being hyperbolic, I don’t blame you lol.

Vince McMahon is reportedly high on him, and I have to imagine Shawn & Hunter would push hard for this one as Cole is no doubt very similar to Shawn who is someone Vince went all in with.

With that said, my gut tells me that he would have a strong push off the bat, then eventually get pushed down the card, think Finn Balor 1.0, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke etc. and then he would slide into a mid card role.

If I’m him I would go AEW, but of course that would depend on what the interest from AEW was. I’m very curious how this plays out as IMO there is nobody better right now in the industry.

1 Like

After reading how the meeting went, I definitely think he’s staying with WWE and they’ll give him a little bit to go on at first. Maybe a couple big wins over established guys, then they’ll stick him with the IC or US titles, because they think those are some big rewards and he may even get a main event program here or there, but once Vince sees him up against a Reigns or a Lashley, that will be it for him.

He’ll be slotted into that upper midcard mix for the rest of his career.

2 Likes

Tell me more
Tell me more
Did he put up a fight?

3 Likes

I feel like he needed the UE to go main roster. I don’t see him succeeding as a solo act on main roster WWE. It is one of the reasons I have felt that they should differentiate the RAW and Smackdown rosters more.

1 Like