Adam Cole: I think it’d be amazing if Johnny Gargano ended up in AEW

Originally published at Adam Cole thinks it’d be amazing if Johnny Gargano ended up in AEW

Adam Cole shares his thoughts about the possibility of Johnny Gargano landing in AEW.

Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole had a series of matches against one another throughout their respective runs with WWE’s NXT brand. Cole and Gargano’s last one-on-one match was at TakeOver: Toronto in 2019 which was a Best Two out of Three falls match for the NXT Title.

Cole is currently with All Elite Wrestling and Gargano is a free agent after finishing up with the NXT brand for the foreseeable future. Cole was asked about his longtime on-screen rival during his appearance on Throwing Down with Renee Paquette and Miesha Tate on SiriusXM.

He has spoken to Johnny and their conversations are mostly non-wrestling related but Cole stated that he would love if Gargano landed in AEW.

So, I will always mention Johnny Gargano as one of my favorite opponents of all-time. Me and him had a series of matches in NXT that to this day, I’m incredibly proud of. Again, another fantastic human being across the board as well. So, Johnny is a guy that I would really, really love to see in AEW for sure. Again, who knows? As the wrestling landscape continues to change and evolve — me and Johnny chat but more so just about real-life stuff. You know, I haven’t pressed him too hard on what he wants to do. I know he has a baby on the way which is really exciting. So right now, I know he’s super focused on that, which is cool. But yeah, I love Johnny to death and I think it’d be amazing if he ended up in AEW. I think that’d be really cool.

As 2021 comes to a close, Cole looked back on his AEW debut. He said he’s been asked quite a few times if he would go back and change his debut to a solo arrival opposed to sharing that show closing spot with Bryan Danielson. Cole said he couldn’t be happier with how things played out.

Because I’ve been asked that before where people have said, you know, ‘Do you wish that your debut was kind of a solo thing and you were the only one?’ And I could not be happier with the way that we went about that whole process because it created such a memorable ending to a pay-per-view. It was beyond cool. It was so awesome. To be able to create genuine shock and surprise in pro wrestling in 2021 is very, very hard to do so to be able to pull that off and be involved, it’s so cool.

Gargano and Candice LeRae are awaiting the arrival of their baby boy. This is going to be the couple’s first child together. Gargano’s last appearance on NXT TV was when he closed the show and was ambushed from behind by Grayson Waller.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit ‘Throwing Down with Renee & Miesha’ with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.