Additional title matches added to the WWE Super Show-Down card

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/08/29/additional-title-matches-added-to-the-wwe-super-show-down-card/

The WWE continues to announce matches for their upcoming Super Show-Down card from Melbourne, Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

The stadium event on Saturday, October 6th, has grown by two matches over the past two days with the addition of a WWE title match between AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, as well as a Cruiserweight title match between Cedric Alexander and Buddy Murphy.

The Styles vs. Joe pairing confirms that they are guaranteed another match after their previously announced title match for the Hell in a Cell card on Sunday, September 16th in Dallas, Texas. It’s a tricky balancing act as they are promoting several shows at once and you have examples like Styles and Joe, who will be facing off on both cards.

In the Cruiserweight title match, it will feature Melbourne native Buddy Murphy challenging for the title and should be one of the most popular figures on the card. Murphy began his career in Australia in 2007 and signed with the WWE in 2013.

Below is the updated card for the Super Show-Down card, which will stream on the WWE Network:
*Triple H vs. The Undertaker
*AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe for the WWE title
*The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre
*Ronda Rousey & The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad
*Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz for a future WWE title shot
*John Cena & Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens & Elias
*Cedric Alexander vs. Buddy Murphy for the Cruiserweight title

1 Like

Would a quick flip of the WWE Championship really hurt either guy or the belt?
Joe gets the win and AJ gets the win back in front of 80k. Feels like what they did in NXT with Joe and Nakamura

1 Like

Wait, is the AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe match for the WWE Championship? All official promotional material said “WWE Champion AJ Styles sill face Samoa Joe” and doesn’t mention a championship match stipulation.

They need to find a way to balance doing these super shows with story lines and PPV continuity. Announcing matches for a ppv 2 months out really hurts the product IMO. It is all just rematches from Hell in a Cell. I would really prefer these Super Shows in foreign countries just not be televised and have nothing to do with story lines instead of crow baring them in. That Saudi Arabia show was a mess in terms of story line continuity.

It’s a house show…you don’t need storylines to go and watch when WWE comes to town.

They probably wouldn’t have even aired it on the network if people didn’t piss and moan about the MSG shows not airing.

Its the October PPV for the men. They have to build to it. No way they just ignore it like they mostly did with Saudi Arabia and just start building towards Survivor Series 2 months away.

For the men?

Women are on the show.

It’s a house show. And probably where Samoa Joe gets the title.

Deal with it.

The women also have a PPV for only them in October. This isn’t really a house show anymore they are going to have to build to it on TV and treat it like a PPV since its televised and there is no other PPV (or special event) for October featuring men. I think the reason they announced matches so far in the future is to help ticket sales (they need to pack in 70,000) and by doing that and them all being rematches from HIAC it makes it feel like a house show.

“Deal with it” WTF lol. I’m just gonna bite my tongue on what I want to say about that.

Maybe…now just maybe the women just have a PPV. :joy::joy::joy:

And look at the title matches…they’re mainly rematches from HIAC. :roll_eyes: