AEW adds Women's Trios match to Dynamite this Wednesday

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/10/03/aew-adds-womens-trios-match-to-dynamite-this-wednesday/

AEW has added a women’s Trios match to Wednesday’s three-year anniversary episode of Dynamite in Washington, D.C.

Interim champion Toni Storm will team with Athena and Willow Nightingale to take on Jamie Hayter, Serena Deeb, and Penelope Ford.

Saraya will be in the corner of Storm, Athena & Nightingale while Dr. Britt Baker will be in the opposite corner.

The anniversary card takes place from the Entertainment & Sports Arena in Washington, D.C. this Wednesday night with the following matches & segments announced:
*Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Bryan Danielson & Daniel Garcia
*Hangman Page vs. Rush
*Toni Storm, Athena & Willow Nightingale vs. Jamie Hayter, Serena Deeb & Penelope Ford
*MJF vs. Wheeler Yuta
*Jay Lethal vs. Darby Allin
*Luchasaurus in action
*National Scissoring Day with The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn

So, there’s our lone women’s segment for the night. Good thing we’re getting more Luchasaurus though, we can’t get enough of his Kane 2.0 work of recent :expressionless:

What do you want, another horrible segment that takes up 30 minutes lead by Saraya?

Again, as I’ve said elsewhere… Let the women work and don’t measure their contributions with a stopwatch or segment count.

I think this match looks awesome on paper and one of the highlights of the show.

No. I don’t want another 30 minute Saraya segment.

But by your own logic there are women who have earned a spot on this show like Jade Cargill who has had a very long running storyline with her winning streak that has been featured on Dynamite for over a year. She deserves a spot on an anniversary show like this.

I’m certain she will be present between one of the shows.

But I also think that different talent cycles on and off. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

I agree that talent doesn’t need to be on every show as well. But there are legitimate criticisms for how long some characters have appeared and disappeared. Jade hasn’t had a match on Dynamite in about two months.

It’s also a valid criticism that FTR haven’t had a traditional 2 vs 2 tag match on Dynamite since April. Fortunately they have been featured in segments and singles matches so they are draws. Maybe the Acclaimed segment will lead to a challenge by FTR. While they have had a nice little babyface run their characters would despise the Acclaimed.

No but how about 2 singles matches instead of cramming all the women into one match?

1 Like

I want more than one women’s segment per show and the opportunity for more women to be featured… I am not measuring their success with a stop watch. I’m measuring it to the amount of time devoted to men’s programs in contrast. They deserve more than a single segment and a match, or story with little to no development. If they can put a mic in the hands of Dutt, Lambert and more to upsell nonsense, then surely they could let some of the women on their roster have time to get over in their own promos.

That’s just fair.

She barely get’s a promo on Rampage these days.