AEW ALL OUT 2020: Moxley vs. MJF, Jericho vs. Cassidy

After listening to SNME’s recap, they hit on a good point that I’ve been hoping for - MJF becoming the Ric Flair of the new 4 Horseman style group.

In this scenario I’d book Hangman as the Barry Wyndham style guy and of course FTR and Tully are there too. Eventually down the line you can have Hangman become the baby face to take down MJF.

The problem is now making sense out of all this Hangman/Bucks/Omega mess. I think they’ve damaged Hangman quite a bit the past few weeks and need to explain why he cost the Bucks the match ASAP.

Personal bias? What the fuck? Have the bucks helped grow the audience in anyway as one of the main focuses of the show? Has their own general reputation grown significantly online since AEW came into existence? because what I mainly see is the opposite.

When it comes to who should be one of the faces of AEW, they should look at building someone that isn’t just a reminder of what they did in the past before AEW (and by that I don’t mean Orange Cassidy). They should try to do more with someone like Darby Allin instead of trying to kill him in angles that won’t do much for him. They’re doing well with MJF and should’ve pulled the trigger with him but they should do more with other fresh faces.

You are as oblivious as oblivious can be. :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

My bad, I must’ve missed The Young Bucks leading AEW to massive amounts of new viewers. And all their new detractors must not actually exist. It’s just Cornette with a load of fake accounts… talk about being oblivious to reality. The same 4/5 of you on here are incapable of discussion when it comes to someone not liking something that you like.

1 Like

I just don’t know how you can discount the Bucks as part of AEW’s success. They do over a million viewers in the US every week (when DVR is factored in). There is no way you can deny a new audience has been exposed to them / they’ve probably made some new fans of themselves along the way.

I don’t know their merch sales, but I’m sure being on worldwide tv has helped.

I get that ther is, and have been a vocal group that dislikes the Bucks. That’s fine. Wrestling is subjective. But saying they haven’t made new fans is a hard point to stand by.

1 Like

There are a million people watching a promotion that didn’t exist a year ago. The Bucks have been part of that.

2 Likes

Now you are introducing comedy Brother Nate! Not only is there as much if not more “comedy” than there was at the start, it’s bad “comedy”. And the only thing worse than bad comedy is bad wrestling “comedy”.

1 Like

No harder than the opposite position.

I think you may be forgetting the greatness of the “Cracker Barrel Brawl”, or the first Buy-In battle royale, or the original incarnation of Dark Order.

If you go back and look at the amount of comedy in the first 2 months of the promotion & compare it to today, you’ll see that there’s a significant decrease in the amount of TV space dedicated to comedy.

Now the remaining comedy might not be your cup of tea, but that doesn’t change the fact that this was a concern that their audience voiced, and they made a course-correction. :100:

3 Likes

So you stand by the theory that absolutely no fans have been made by the Bucks since they have been put on worldwide TV?

I understand that there are a vocal group of fans who won’t ever like the Bucks, no matter what they do. But the idea that they haven’t made a single fan in the last year because of their exposure is absolutely ludicrous. And to say that no fans have tuned in because of enjoying them is just as silly.

2 Likes

The continuing argument between fact and opinion. I don’t like wrestler x, so therefore they are not good regardless of how over they are.

After a certain point of technical proficiency ( not injuring your opponents) it is just opinion. For example, I never liked Hulk Hogan, but to deny his place in wrestling history is just absurd.

3 Likes

Come on guys, this is getting a bit ridiculous. AEW is what it is today because of the success of Cody, The Bucks, and Omega. The way tey crafted the All In Event was masterful. They may not be your cup of tea, and that is cool, but all these guys are draws.

AEW is by no means perfect, but they are the first promotion to actually put up a fight against WWE. Just because they are not winning, it doesnt mean they arent doing well. (I mean big picture, not NXT vs Dynamite).

1 Like

Probably should give Jericho and Moxley a reasonable amount of credit for Dynamite as well.

Though I mostly give PAC all the credit for the last 6 months.

Well its a team effort across the board, I’m talking more so about the initial buzz at the very very beginning. If we are talking Dynamite, Jericho hands down has been the MVP. Moxley has been pretty meh IMO.

1 Like

As I said, they had their fanbase at the start that tuned in and has that significantly grown? Has the viewership of AEW significantly grown either? Being super pedantic and saying “I’m sure there’s been one or two” is cute but the general talk about The Young Bucks and even Omega isn’t as positive as it was before. I’m not a big fan of Orange Cassidy but I can admit he’s popular (for some reason). I’ve always found Ambrose/Moxley boring, always though Jericho was overrated but I know they both have a lot of fans. The Young Bucks aren’t in the same boat. There’s a mostly “whatever” feel about them online. The hype around then is nowhere near what it was 2 years ago.

I didn’t dispute the initial buzz being down to the elite. I’m disputing this idea that their popularity has significantly grown. With Cody it has, with Young Bucks and Omega, their stock has dropped.

What metrics would you accept that the Bucks fanbase has likely grown in the last year?

Everybody’s stock has risen who had appeared on Dynamite. Worldwide TV exposure does that for people.

Just because there is less buzz in certain circles, doesn’t mean tens of thousands of people who had never heard of these people before are now exposed, enjoying, and spending money on seeing them perform, now.

I am not trying to continue a pointless argument, but I think you can admit that perhaps I do have some valid points, no?