AEW announces 'Blood and Guts' match for March 25

The issue is most of the “blowing their load” idea was based off giving away big matchups more than it was on gimmick matches. That they put Cole vs Riddle on TV with no build, out Cole Vs Balor on TV with really no build, did Rhea vs Shayna on TV, Etc on top of building PPV cards.

The only one getting angry is you if I joke about NXT stuff.

We get it - you dislike AEW fans and they make you very upset. And I guess it’s your duty to let people on a wrestling message board know this almost every time you post.

Thanks

2 Likes

And the weird thing is I’m an NXT fan - I drove six hours to watch the Portland Takeover.

It’s just funny to me how often they use ladder matches (although that’s probably an entire WWE thing - they’ve killed all my interest in those types of matches for me).

1 Like

I haven’t reacted angrily to any NXT comment. You’re making things up. Again. You always do this.

If I criticise AEW and you react the way I do when you criticise NXT then there would be very little issue. The last time I was on here I was saying that NXT doesn’t have much going on and that I’m not into Keith Lee.

I have zero tribalism in this dog fight. And that’s what seems to upset certain people who are very tribal regarding a certain promotion.

It is the way you frame your comments as “AEW fans are hypocrites so they will be paused about this but…”. You frame your criticism of the show as an attack on people who enjoy the product. You Seeming are more interested in starting crap online then you are on honest criticism of a product.

The thing about AEW doing occasional gimmick matches and feud blowoffs on TV is they only have four PPVs a year. You can have PAC vs Omega and a Cody steel cage because they still provide you with a rewarding PPV that ends feuds.

If they had a steel cage match on Revolution two weeks after a steel cage match in TV that would have been stupid.

To me the most infuriating thing AEW has done this month is have Janela vs Kip on after Dark when it’s been a storyline on TV.

Actually check that, the dumbest things they’ve done this month is name this match “Blood and Guts”.

I have less problem with PAC vs Omega in then having the match and more that we’ve seen PAC vs Omega 3 times, PAC vs Hangman 3 times, PAC he Moxley twice. It feels like they are really running through big matchups with PAC specifically.

I see people framing criticisms of WWE like that all the time and while a lot on the main roster does suck, the framing is not different. And if certain fans are being hypocrites, is it wrong to point that out? Especially when those certain fans decide to band together and attack whoever dared to criticise AEW? It’s not even with just me, I’ve seen certain posters jump on bdugz (?) for doing far, far less criticising than me and in a much more diplomatic way.

The forum is a massive echo chamber. Some good posters on here but there are a few incredibly unreasonable ones that can’t stand a dissenting opinion. And then they’ll claim they’re actually too cool to care about other people’s opinions…

I’ve seen very few posts saying “WWE fans won’t agree but x was bad.”

As to other posters when they tie liking something to the fans themselves being lazy etc that is an attack on those fans on a critique of the product. There are fans of AEW who are defensive about some aspects that have historically been poor, but I think it is also fair to give a new company more slack than an industry giant with patterns of doing things some fans don’t like.

You dont have to be scared, you can name me, instead of being lame and dancing around it. What I cant stand are idiots, who think opinions are facts, plain and simple. Which is why I have no problem calling out people like you, Bwhatever and basically that’s it.

I see @Breng77 with different opinions from myself all a lot. He’s way more into NXT than I am. I dont think I’ve ever gotten on him once, nor have others.

Its not a coincidence that its the opinions of a select one or two people, that others have an issue with.

1 Like

Fair enough and I’ve definitely felt that way with a few match ups too. The nice thing about AEW is they’re providing storylines that make people want to see a payoff.

2 Likes

You literally called me out for mentioning that NXT has used ladder matches in the past and they have two steel cage matches on the show this week, sensitive much?

The builds to most of those matches has been fine, PAC just seems like their go to “high level” bad guy who isn’t protected like a Jericho or MJF They don’t have a really deep heel depth chart at the top.

PAC just beat their top babyface on Saturday #protected

1 Like

I haven’t claimed any of my opinions to be facts. You guys continue to just make things up to pretend you have a case when attacking someone. If anything you, along with a few others, behave as if someone’s not allowed to go against forum consensus. That’s behaving as if your opinions are facts. Glad I could help you out.

Pretending you’re okay with people having different opinions isn’t the same thing as behaving admit you’re okay with people having different opinions. And “scared”… are you ten years old? Getting rattled by different opinions and attacking other posters, only to claim you don’t care about their opinions and now claiming that posters are “scared” of you… hilarious.

When the same suspects are at the center of every shitstorm, you really gotta step back and ask yourself who is the problem here…

3 Likes

He didn’t beat their top baby face. He beat an over comedy act for whom wins and losses don’t matter.

You mentioned NXT do too many ladder matches in an AEW thread that has nothing to do with NXT. I mentioned AEW rely heavily on gimmicks in an AEW thread about them promoting a gimmick.

That’s me having a problem? What?

The discussion was about how NXT will respond to the Blood and Guts match - I joked that they will have a ladder match (WWE/NXT’s go-to spotfest).

The only one who took the comment personally and used it as some weird way to bash AEW fans/people on this forum was you.

2 Likes