AEW announces Women's Tag Team Cup Tournament

Yeah. The problem is that used to be done in smaller promotions and territories. You shouldn’t be allowing them to get experience on your flagship national programme.

Takeaways:

• you don’t want to compare different wrestlers / promotions. I respect that.

• you subjectively think that a lot of women’s wrestling is bad right now. But not compared to anything else - just entirely subjective

• who is good in your eyes?

(What do you think the answer was to the rhetorical question btw?)

2 Likes

If you mean female wrestlers then from an in-ring perspective I rate Tessa, Asuka, Bailey, Sascha, Shayna, Rhonda, Io, Kairi, Charlotte, Rhea, Toni, Shida. I’ve only really watched WWE/NXT and AEW (and specifically Tessa matches in TNA) so there may be more that I haven’t mentioned.

From a promo perspective, Bailey, Sacha and Britt.

1 Like

Oh, the answer to the rhetorical question is that the standard defence of AEW fans is to compare the product to WWE rather than objectively assess/grade AEW’s product. There is this mentality that “well WWE is even worse” rather than “both are pretty poor”.

2 Likes

Got it. While I generally agree with you, I went the comparison rout because I’m not sure how to compare women’s wrestling in a contextual sense because we are living in a peak women’s wrestling period. I couldn’t exactly go back to Bra and Panties matches to say that was better the way I could go back to 90s or 2000s wrestling as a reference point for Men’s wrestling

1 Like