AEW confirms changes to TNT schedule during NBA playoffs

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/08/16/aew-confirms-changes-to-tnt-schedule-during-nba-playoffs/

AEW has provided an update on their forthcoming schedule as it pertains to TNT’s coverage of the NBA playoffs.

This week’s episode of Dynamite will be airing on Saturday, August 22nd at 6 pm Eastern on TNT. For those in Canada, the show will air at 10 pm Eastern on TSN2 (which means it will air right after NXT TakeOver: XXX).

The following week, AEW Dynamite will air on Thursday, August 27th at 8 pm Eastern instead of the usual Wednesday timeslot.

The last changes occur in mid-September where AEW confirmed to POST Wrestling that they will run two episodes that week.

A special one-hour version of Dynamite airs Wednesday, September 16th following the NBA playoffs on TNT. They will come back with a new two-hour episode of Dynamite on Thursday, September 17th at 8 pm Eastern.

This dicking around with AEW’s show time is, I fear, going to be disaster for the company. My gut is telling me this is a forced error that may turn the tide against the young company.

I don’t really agree. This was going to happen regardless of whether AEW was a success. In fact, without the pandemic this would have happened much earlier.

The timing does suck but I don’t think it will cause any long term damage. If nothing else, it should be an interesting experiment to see how much of the audience follows them.

Honestly, if they were able to survive the pandemic/no arena setting, I don’t t think this will be a big deal. It may hurt their ratings for a couple months on certain weeks, but once the playoffs are over it should be back to normal.

I think it would be a good idea to do a “Fyter Fest" style card that first Wed after playoffs are done.

1 Like