AEW dominates ratings, highest viewership since March

I just don’t think losing in an early title match hurts anyone. It isn’t as if they would are losing to Jungle Boy

In the NFL, if a team loses to the Chiefs, they don’t go to the bottom of the rankings. Nobody complains about bad booking. Not building up new stars or whatever.

In the NFL, an expansion team also doesn’t win its first two games and immediately go to the Super Bowl.

1 Like

Jericho comes across as midcard now, Moxley has always been meh, Hager has always been shit, they ruined Brodie Lee quick, ruined Lance Archer quick, and they started doing a good job with Cage but having him lose already was dumb.

Moxley never faced Archer. Yes, he lost to Cody, but that wasn’t the discussion.
But, Jericho isn’t the demogod because he’s a mid-card.
I’d rather see Brody Lee in a title match than Dolph Ziggler. Or Randy Orton.

1 Like

100% agree about Dolph Ziggler, but Orton against the right opponent IMO is much more intriguing (especially right now post Edge) then Brodie Lee.

But either way, AEW’s main event scene being good or not good has nothing to do with what WWE is doing, especially main roster.

“At least it’s better than WWE” is a weird and very common argument from the fans who love to talk about how shitty WWE is.

2 Likes

lol I pretty much just typed the same thing.

In any other profession, this argument would never be used. Imagine going to a shitty restaurant, and telling your friend “I dont like it here”, would you friend ever say “Well that other restaurant we went to last week was shittier” as a defense of the current shitty restaurant? Of course not.

1 Like

Seeing new faces in the title picture is better than seeing the same people getting jobbed out all the time. We know that Ziggler isn’t a credible threat as soon as he walks out. And there is no justification for him being in that spot. Cage won that ladder match to get his shot. Hager was the last guy in the Inner Circle that Moxley had to go through. Brody Lee could have benefited from more time, but, as I said, you knew you’d get a good match out of them.

1 Like

In all honestly, have you read anyone say that Dolph Ziggler should be in a title program?

Michael Cole? Lol

1 Like

Yes. Like most boards, it’s full of tribal people who rather than make an argument rely on “well at least it is better than that”. I find it very telling that very few on here ever argue the merits of their position.

AEW’s main event scene is trash and full of bad booking. That’s the point. And you might eat up any old shit from Jericho but he is a cringeworthy, deluded clown. I also don’t know why WWE main roster not being great is somehow a valid response. I don’t have an issue with being objective like AEW fans seem to have. Most of wrestling sucks right now especially the mainstream style of wrestling.

1 Like