AEW Double or Nothing 2022: CM Punk wins title, Wardlow is All Elite, Cole & Baker win the Owen, Rush arrives

Paragraph breaks are your friends. Or they should be.

1 Like

And as a viewer at home it was easy to jump in and out. For $50 you now have some incredible matches and good stuff to go back and watch if you want next day. And if you cared enough to not wait til next day you probably were watching the entire thing uninterrupted and are a passionate fan. If the downside is that passionate fans got too much of a product for their money, so be it, thatā€™s sounds like a great trade off to enhance the sports fan (casual) experience. AEW trying to appease an audience they need while giving an audience they have more is good for growth. Shouldnā€™t shy away from this.

2 Likes

It was very smart. It was a two match show basically - MJF and Punk. You could see both and watch game 7

re: the length of the showā€¦

Asking the consumer right now to drop $50 on the New wrestling promotion on Memorial Day weekend is a lot to ask. Whether it is 3 hours or 6 hours.

At the end of the day is the consumer - the incremental NEW fan coming to the product - getting value.
Here is what they get:

1. 13 high quality wrestling matches
  2. 5 Hours of content
  3. Ability to watch it on demand once purchased
  4. Quality production
    So basically you get $10/hr Live, or $50 on demand. $3.80 cents a match.

Now if you are that incremental buyer, and parted with your money, the goal of AEW is to make that fan say, that was worth it. Iā€™d hope incremental buyers view this as a great valued product 4x a year. I certainly think so. Yes, itā€™s long and as a live show, to watch uninterrupted itā€™s probably going to feel tough. Iā€™ve been in the crowd for a few of these - the crowd going knows what they are in for, and AEW doesnā€™t seem to have a problem selling them out.so itā€™s not deterring the live gate. There is still demand there. And watching the last 3 matches, the crowd seemed VERY hot so I canā€™t say it deters; was the same at the shows I was at.

Not to make the comparison, but when WWE was doing this, there was a lack of quality. But, their value proposition was $9.99 a month for a lot more. I think AEW is doing great with these PPVs and if they continue with a limited number a year, showcasing all talent and giving consumer value is a good strategy.

Yeah, I have really mixed feelings on the length.

Full disclosure, I fell asleep after the tag match and barely made it through. Not because the show was boring but itā€™s just way too much wrestling for me.

Iā€™d personally much rather have a high quality show around 3-3.5 hours. Instead of being energized and engaged at the end of the show I was literally asleep during the main even and had to watch it in the morning.

Maybe Iā€™m too old for this shit

1 Like