AEW Dynamite finishes tenth against U.S. presidential speech

Are you pretending to be dumb???

He clearly stated that maybe balance some of your negative posts with some positive ones, related to other wrestling you enjoy. Nowhere did he suggest you start posting positive things about AEW.
He literally listed promotions for you to talk about.

The fact that I brought this up in an AEW related post has very little to do with AEW and more his general demeaner. Also, he only seems to post in AEW related threads is another reason I posted this here.

This is not what I wrote, I wroteā€¦

No where did I ask him to change his opinion or else. He can continue to criticize AEW all he wants, as long as he tries to even it out with some positive comments. These positive comments donā€™t need to be pointed anywhere near AEW. I said for him to leave some positive feedback on any other product.

If you believe I am abusing what little power I have, please take it up with John and Wai. This is their forum and Iā€™m trying to make it a more positive place for us to interact with. When members like Boyd and yourself are muted by many other members, things need to be addressed.

4 Likes

Nothing needs to be addressed. If people get wound up when seeing differing opinions (and it is just that) then they can mute posters which is what they have done. Itā€™s no big deal. You donā€™t need to pretend to be a knight in shining armour to save people from posters that theyā€™re choosing not to mute simply because you want to feel important.

And you say itā€™s not AEW related but thatā€™s ridiculous. The AEW tribalism on here is laughably sad.

1 Like

Sorry you feel that way. A knight only follows the order of the Kings.

And if you feel there is AEW tribalism then I suggest you move on.

Iā€™ll say one last thing, this is more about peoples attitudes than peoples opinions. I donā€™t think Iā€™m asking too much for someone to add some positivity to our community.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit of an assumption Alex. I like your optimism but I highly doubt there is more than a very small crossover in those audiences.

I would like to think otherwise. I think the drop in numbers coinciding with a president speaking that night hopefully is a good sign. Maybe this president appeals more to their core audience in the last president!

Overall yes AEWā€™s numbers were down and weā€™ll see what happens going forward but if those people did tune in to listen to the president talk I donā€™t think anyone should view that as a negative on any level.

1 Like

I donā€™t mean to speak for Brad but I think heā€™s just trying to saw if all youā€™re gonna do is come on here and hate everything maybe your time is better spent elsewhere on something you actually enjoy. I think you can hate on AEW all you want but may be saying a couple of things that you actually like about wrestling anywhere in the world makes sense if you actually spend time watching and writing about it on forums.

Dave M runs an interesting experience where he tweets out positive news about WWE and AEW on the same day. He says most of the WWE stuff is left alone but the AEW tweets are attacked with people saying heā€™s a shill for them.

So I donā€™t think the twitter or message board verse is slanted really. People on here probably like AEW because itā€™s the better product right now (even though I like Smackdown)

1 Like

Someone doesnā€™t know how math works. You cannot use a set of numbers created under one set of conditions to make statements about things under different circumstances. ā€œWe took recordings of you running a mile wearing a 50 lb backpack every week for a year and your average time was 10 mins per mile, the last 2 weeks we took the backpack off and you ran 8 min miles both weeks, then this week we put a different backpack on and you ran 10 min again. Clearly the weeks without the pack are outliers.ā€

Now maybe the ratings donā€™t go back up next week, but NXT not running against them is not irrelevant to the discussion. Saying that indicates that there is no audience cross over between the shows.ā€

This is a ridiculous line of criticism that has no basis in any kind of reality just for the sake of criticizing a show you donā€™t like.

2 Likes

I think given drops during the debates last year indicate at least some portion of the audience watched the presidential speech.

1 Like

It would absolutely not be a negative. It would be a very positive thing if more people were interested in important things like politics but itā€™s more likely they were posting some inane shit on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc or watching something inane like someone else playing video games on Twatch as that is the direction society has been going since the advent of the internet.

Iā€™m not sure Dave M is really an impartial analyst when it comes to WWE/AEWā€¦ it might be an honest comment on the people that reply to his tweets but itā€™s not a realistic comment on double standards being heavily in the favour of AEW. WWE hate is pretty much seen as normal and while a lot of that hate is warranted, you do see it bleed into peopleā€™s opinions on anything WWE related. In terms of this forum, I donā€™t think a discussion is even needed on if thereā€™s heavy bias one way.

1 Like

What a ridiculous argument. By your rational there will never be outliers as there is always a backpack of some weight.

This is what Iā€™m talking about. This is a loosely dressed up insult to people who watch AEW. Just speculation and has no value in terms of forum interaction.

If anything itā€™s an observation/opinion on society. Itā€™s exactly jack shit anything to do with AEW.

(trowing my 5 cents off topic here)

@Brad_The_Archivist it took you long enough to see the demeanor of some people and take actual actions towards them around here. Better later than ever, I guess, but I still donā€™t see any positive or constructive experience coming out of discussions with them, so I will still keep them in my muted list regardless.

On topic: it will actually be interesting to see the DVR numbers for this week and compare them with previous weeks.

Then I guess just another point to the negative outlook you always bring here.

1 Like

Believe me, I wish it wasnā€™t true, but it is. I donā€™t think anyone can argue otherwise.

If you have an issue with a users posts please flag them for us to review.

I will if I see something that I consider really offensive and Iā€™ve been on forums for long enough to not be as soft as to report everything slightly offensive (especially in this day and age). But there are some posters that just post provocative stuff all the time, in one direction only and I never saw anything different from them or a sign that they are trying to participate in a conversation, apart from drumming their own drum on and on, like a broken radio. Those persons (both of them paying members, I think) Iā€™ve muted. I can still see when people are replying to them and I see replays to the same narrative over and over, so now Iā€™m happy others see them for what they are and hope they do the same.