AEW going to Detroit for the first time in June

Originally published at AEW going to Detroit for the first time in June

AEW will make its debut in Detroit later this year with the announcement of a live Dynamite and taping of Rampage.

The promotion announced its first event for the city on Wednesday, June 29th at Little Caesars Arena, which is the home of the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons.

The venue opened in September 2017 with WWE holding its Hell in a Cell event in the building one month after the arena opened. It has become the main building for WWE in the city with subsequent house shows and television tapings taking place there.

Shortly after the announcement was made, Cody Rhodes posted a tweet and credited Brandi Rhodes and AEW’s live events and touring director Rafael Morffi for making it happen.

Very cool to see! BIG props to @TheBrandiRhodes / @rmorfnyc for making Detroit finally happen. 🍕 https://t.co/qKDTdbcGRQ

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) February 28, 2022

If it wasnt for covid, I would 100% be at this show! Not sure I’m ready to go to the US and be around 15K people just yet.

1 Like

Me too, I don’t think I’d be comfortable yet either for a big crowd but I’d love to take my gf to an AEW show!

1 Like