AEW hits highest 18-49 figure since Nov. 2019, tops 900k viewers

I forgot, no one’s allowed to be negative about AEW…

And there were definitely people that thought Ryder would do well in AEW. But sure, I’m just making it all up. There isn’t unrealistic expectations with every signing announced by AEW…

Yeah, especially when you are only shitting on it.

If you say the sky is green, and somebody disagrees, are they just a huge, sensitive mark for the sky?

Some people here (and everywhere else) have an agenda for/against particular promotions. But I’ve read – and posted, for that matter – plenty of valid and thought-out AEW criticism and discussion on this board, and it has generally been received with more valid criticism and discussion.

But BS gets called BS.

2 Likes

I didn’t know I needed a tag team partner to shit on something…

Pollock just reported Dynamite was tied for first in the demo among all cable programs so I think they’re doing fine lol

2 Likes

Lol. Only you lot care about that. The bottom line is they are a niche programme with a fixed audience that they have been unable to grow. Lol.

Exactly. While AEW is definitely talked about around here in a higher regard than WWE, and I would say that people are a bit more sensitive to criticism of AEW compared to WWE, I think the majority of posters are pretty fair, but there are definitely a select few that are over the top, its the same people that give Dynamite a 10/10 every week and each Raw and SD 0/10 every week.

What I think ends up happening, is because they are sooo vocal, it gives the illusion that AEW is is put on a pedestal, while WWE is shit on. Its people listening to a very vocal minority.

1 Like

Love that select few are still trying to argue AEW is failing, when they were tied for the top spot on cable for Wednesday night.

They also managed to probably come out with two very big angles that have many people talking (Sting debut, Omega title win and fall-out from that), both of which targeted at two very different sections of their fan base (and both designed to a degree to reach fans who aren’t necessarily following them already).

I cannot see how Dynamite this week is not seen as one of their major wins of 2020.

2 Likes

Understatement of the decade.

1 Like

By you lot, you mean the entire cable industry. But hey some guy on a message board thinks that because wrestling is different than how he liked it in 1986, it’s a failure. Ok

1 Like

The entire cable industry. Quote your references.

“As long as revenue from advertisers remains part of the network TV business model, ratings will matter

2 Likes

Every night shows are ranked by their demo number not total audience. Those rankings go a long way in securing deals. Wednesday’s demo for AEW was quite close to RAW and was #1 - what else do they need to be considered a success lol

1 Like

Welcome Back John!

What’s the relevance of this article?

You do realise that the use of lol only serves to make you look like a 12 year old?

Dude, just drop it.

“AEW isn’t building an audience.” / “AEW aren’t maintaining an audience”.

• AEW does their best demo rating in a year. Comes in tied for first for the night. And one of their overall strongest head to head viewership numbers against NXT in months.

“Nobody cares about cable ratings”.

• Somebody posts an article showing the relevant current reasons why the industry cares about cable ratings.

We get it, you don’t like AEW. But at this point you’re trying to argue against facts, not personal preference or taste.

I know I must becoming across as an irrational AEW fan or whatever you consider me… But come on man. You’re really at the point of trolling now.

4 Likes

It must suck to be wrong all the time.

Just go to your happy place - Georgia Championship Wrestling in 1977 - and come crawl out of your hole in a month to complain about AEW which you “don’t watch” :laughing:

4 Likes

If any company does not cater to my whims and preferences, then I will hate for ever and ever! Can I speak to the manager? A super kick is a finishing move!! I have a coupon!!! I’ll post a bad Yelp review!!

4 Likes

Bruh, in quarter 7, AEW had more 18-49 viewers than NXT had in total viewers.

Talk to the hand.

2 Likes