*IRON CLAW CONTEST* AEW Holiday Bash 12/20/23 Review | REWIND-A-DYNAMITE

WIN TICKETS TO SEE “THE IRON CLAW” IN CANADA: What is your most memorable wrestling experience of 2023?

Let us know by responding to this thread. Please also state your name and where you’re from. Contest closes Thursday 10pm ET.

John Pollock and Wai Ting review the AEW Holiday Bash edition of Dynamite featuring Jon Moxley vs. Jay White and the final round-robin matches in the Gold League.

:earth_americas: Our thanks to NordVPN. Try Nord risk-free with their 30-day money-back guarantee and receive 4 additional months using code ‘postwrestling’: https://nordvpn.com/postwrestling

Also on the show: Swerve Strickland vs. Rush, Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal, Riho vs. Saraya, and Roderick Strong vs. Komander as the lead-up to Worlds End continues.

Ad-free version available for members at POSTwrestlingCafe.com

NEWS OF THE DAY:

• Update on CJ Perry following surgery
  • WBD-Paramount merger talks
  • Released WWE talent to hit the open market
  • Latest figures for AEW Revolution
  • AEW Collision ratings
  • WWE Raw & NXT ratings
  • AEW Collision lineup

POST Wrestling Café Schedule :

• Friday : ASK-A-WAI Mailbag Show
  • Friday : Rewind-A-SmackDown with John Pollock & Wai Ting
  • Saturday : Collision Course with John Siino & Kate from MTL

Watch the video version of this podcast at youtube.com/postwrestling

Photo Courtesy: AEW

Rewind-A-Dynamite Theme by Jacob Chesnut

Subscribe: https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

Patreon: http://postwrestlingcafe.com

Forum: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Discord: https://postwrestling.com/discord

Merch: https://store.postwrestling.com

X/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube: @POSTwrestling

Paul from Barrie here. Thanks for running the contest guys. My most memorable wrestling experience of 2023 has to be attending Forbidden Door with my 12 year old daughter. She had some vague knowledge of AEW prior to going to the event, but was quite a fan by the time we left the arena. She was slightly embarrassed by her Dad loudly booing CM Punk, and she was completely sucked in to the drama of Omega vs Ospreay. I’m glad I got to share the experience with her and it easily tops the list for me in 2023.

1 Like

Edward here at Nairobi KE for holidays…

My most memorable wrestling experience of 2023 was a house show believe it or not…attended with a few family members and friends during the summer.All reactions to the stars were epic and the energy unmatchable compared to a few years ago and those who attended the show with us for the first time we’re hella impressed mostly with Cody Rollins and Dom and couldn’t wait to attend a few other ones…Hope I can get to watch IRON CLAW .Happy Holidays guys​:100::raised_hands:

Steve Grows Weed from Cambridge

So it might be a popular answer, but Forbidden Door/Pour week was it for me. I attended three AEW shows in a week! The only one I missed was the first Collision at Scotia Bank.
I went to Forbidden Pour pre show with no ticket. I bought my ticket to the ppv while listening to John and Wai do the live show. Got to meet a bunch of great people that I’ve only been able to speak with online.
Infamously got Neal Flanagan really high before the show. Also had WH Park compliment my weed. Both “high” points!
Meeting Scrump/Alberto was great too!! He and I have many fandoms in common so I really connect with him. I’ll be honest. I felt super awkward being at both Pour and Door by myself. But I powered through. Pushed any anxiety I had away and proved to myself that you don’t always need people as buffers. That being by yourself can force you to either hide in the corner. Or put yourself out there. I think I did a little of both that day.
I went to Dynamite and Collision in Hamilton that week. Me and a friend were looking for parking in Hamilton and noticed a lot of guys in orange vests collecting money from people in various lots. After some closer inspection, we realized they were just homeless guys pretending to be lot owners. Brilliant idea on their part. But I ended up parking for free both nights.
Went out to smoke a joint during Collision and met up with Braden and Davie. Davie gave me a huge hug. It felt right.
So cool to go to these shows and have people I don’t technically know treat me like a member of their crew. Post Marks are truly the best community!! I don’t engage with enough because I never feel my wrestling knowledge measures up as I’m really only an AEW fan. But this group is awesome!! I could go over all the great people I met. But I’d miss someone so I won’t name names past the ones I’ve already dropped.
I’d love to watch this movie. But now that I’m done writing this. I’m just happy. Happy to go back and remember those moments.
To all of you in the Post Wrestling and POISONRANA family and all the people that call in. Thanks for helping make that week as memorable as it was.

Cheers

1 Like

Most memorable experience was going to see AEW’s debut here in Edmonton, with Dynamite/Rampage on July.
Incredible energy, crowd was around 6,000, which I would stack up against attendance almost any AEW TV over the last while.
It was 100th episode of Rampage, and main event was Dark Order vs Elite trios. There was about three of us in the entire arena cheering for The Dark Order, and myself and the guy next to me, who I had never met before, both leapt up when Evil Uno pinned Hangman while everyone else in our section (including my buddies) sat stunned.
I’ve dubbed this match “The Miracle in Ice District”. And I made a new friend that night. Might have to invite him if I’m lucky enough to win the Iron Claw passes!

Andrew from Cape Breton

I too was at Forbidden Door. And while the Tiger Driver 91 was pretty insane watching live, I did ask myself earlier in the night, “Did Kojima just elbow drop Punk in the balls?”

Hi, Wai and John!!!

Brian from Kitchener-Waterloo.
I feel like Ralphie from “A Christmas Story” writing my Christmas theme…

Anyway, my most memorable wrestling experience of 2023 was a bit of a full circle experience. As you both know, since it was reviewed on Rewind-a-Wai, Kitchener, Ontario played host to WCW Nitro in September 2000. As a twelve year old, convincing my parents to take me to a Raw or Smackdown in Toronto was out of the question, but when Nitro came to my hometown you better believe I forced my mom to sit through an episode of Nitro from the 2000’s, in person. The show sucked, my seats sucked, and I still can’t tell you one match result even though this Nitro was reviewed back in May 2020, but what I do remember is getting to see my favourite WCW wrestler, Sting, wrestle twice in one show.

This past June, almost 23 years later, in way better seats and not with my mom, I got to see one of my all time favourites wrestling again at the Dynamite show in Hamilton, Ontario. Watching Sting almost end his career that night in his tag match by dropping like a sack of potatoes off the top of a ladder, just barely landing onto Sammy Guavara will be a sequence I’ll replay in my memories for years to come. In another 23 years, I might not remember the match results from this Dynamite, but I’ll always remember Sting, at the of 64, giving it his all for this medium size crowd in Hamilton, Ontario Canada.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Wai and John!

1 Like

Brandon from Oshawa

My most memorable wrestling moment of 2023 was the week of Forbidden Door, it was also one of the scariest moments and worst weeks of my life. On Wednesday June 21, my dad went in for cataract surgery, which they couldnt perform, because his blood pressure was so high, they were worried he was going to have a heart attack or a stroke. He was in the hospital for the next few days, so they could try and get it under control. He got out on the Saturday and when we went to get something to eat, he passed out at the table. It was the scariest thing I’ve ever experienced, but he seemed to be ok.

I came onto the forum after that happened and I messaged Alex Patel for advice. It felt so amazing to have a place where I’ve met trusted people, that I could go to one of them for help. The next day, my grandfather(my dads dad) passed away. As if things couldnt get worse. After the hell that was that week, Forbidden Door was that night and being able to watch it with my dad after everything that had gone down, it was so incredible. The show could have been complete garbage and it wouldnt have mattered. I was just happy we got to share that moment, after what was a totally horrible week.

3 Likes

Hey John and Wai it’s Mike from Toronto. Gotta say most memorable wrestling event to i went this year was Smackdown here in Toronto in August, went with a few buddies to see Edge (Adam Copeland) final WWE main event against Sheamus the crowd was roaring for Edge obviously and it felt like a moment that you may not see him again when he came out for the final time. Crazy how time has gone from the last time he wrestled in Toronto. It was a really good show that night and gotta love the merch he had in colab with the Leafs as well.

This is Dilbag from Vaughan, Ontario. My most memorable wrestling moment of 2023 was probably travelling to Montreal to see Sami Zayn vs. Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber. Although, it seemed unlikely that Sami would win the title there was still that sliver of hope based on how popular Sami was coming out of the Bloodline storyline.

I went with my sister who’s more of a causal fan she was shocked how people were chanting for Sami long before his match started and at the start of the show. As the match started it was amazing the boos for Roman and the extended roar of the crowd for Sami Zayn. It was probably the loudest live crowd I have been part of.

This match is my most memorable of the year because the sheer disappointment was palpable. My sister commented on how she had heard the term “sucking the life out of the arena” but had never heard experienced that. The way the crowd reacted after the show it was truly the embodiment of all the energy and excitement being taken out of the crowd. My sister said that this was a very memorable moment for her because of how the crowd reacted and just seeing the sheer reaction on people’s face and hearing conversation’s as we shuffled out of the arena.

1 Like

Ari from Montreal

My most memorable wrestling moment was being with my brother at the gym in Laval, QC and seeying none other than Gunther working out.
It was in Feb 2023, when WWE was here for Smackdown. He is much bigger in person and a real nice guy.

1 Like

RaceyJaycee in Vancouver

I’m not entering the contest for a couple of reasons (like I’ve watched 9 hours of wrestling this year) but wanted to share my most memorable wrestling experience in 2023 because it relates to the Post Marks. @wai0937 knows where this is going…

In the darkest, most turbulent year of my life - one in which I confirmed that I am officially a lapsed fan, never to return to weekly watching - among the highs of my year was being invited and appearing on the Drive to Survive review episodes on a Wrestling podcast I adore to talk F1. I tried to make as many logical links to pro wrestling for the people listening to make it a little more relevant to y’all’s tastes and was truly humbled and honored to talk with John and Wai.

However, my most memorable wrestling moment of the year is the Post marks reaction to the sportswashing conversation we had - one that I was worried about the feedback from, considering, well, me and what I am. LOL. Each time someone mentioned that conversation in a positive light while giving John and Wai their flowers and asking a question in the mailbag or a superchat (or whatever) truly floored me and was such a welcome and unexpected positive beacon of light as I navigated unbelievably dark and turbulent seas.

So, my most memorable wrestling moment of the year is each time a Post mark spoke glowingly about the episode, the conversation, and Post’s commitment to making wrestling a little more progressive and well-informed. None of you knew the impact those little comments had and the positive impact they created in my life, even if only for a moment. :blush:

Thanks to all of you who spoke positively about that conversation. And to those who win, enjoy the movie!

(Special shoutout to the N.W.A. “debate” about Wrestlemania main events. LOL! :laughing:)

1 Like

Louis from Montréal

My most memorable wrestling moment of 2023 was attending WWE Elimination Chamber in person with my son, father, nephew, and brother-in-law. It was my son’s first wrestling event and he still talks about it 10 months later.

The atmosphere was incredible and the olé chants were deafening.

It was also great to say hi, albeit quickly and in passing, to John Pollock during the main event.

Even if the outcome was not what we all wanted, it was a great memory that I’ll have with my son forever.

Allow me to join the chorus of Post Marks mentioning Forbidden Door/Pour weekend as my most memorable moment. Specifically the Forbidden Door afterparty with wrestling karaoke.

I had never attended anything hosted by the BDE guys, but I walked away a fan for life. It was so much fun belting out wrestling themes with a great group of people that seemed to be having just as much fun. Where else can you watch a man in a lucha mask song Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting? Cher as the closer was perfect and I walked away elated that I had gone. It was a very late night and it made the drive back to Ottawa the next day feel incredibly long. It was totally worth it!

Hey John and Wai! Outside of Forbidden Pour/Door, my favourite wrestling moment of the year had to have been the Summerslam media day in Detroit. Bumping into you guys is always fun, plus I got tell Nick Hausman that he was the reason why I went to Mindy’s when I visited Chicago last year. But the moment that takes the cake for me was when I was leaving. I bumped into Baron Corbin by the elevators. After telling him I was from CBC Windsor, he proceeded to ask me if there were any good steak places across the border. I’m not sure if he checked out any of the places I recommended…

Thanks for all that you do!

Nav

2 Likes

Hey Guys, Elijah from Toronto here

As cliche as it is. My favourite wrestling moment of the 2023 has to be CM Punk’s return to the WWE at Survivor Series. Over the past few years I’ve found myself prefering AEW over WWE, but the punk rumours got me interested enough to watch Wargamed. My friend and I were watching together, and I was ready to turn it off disappointed after the main event, before we hear that iconic record scratch. I don’t think I’ve ever reacted as loudly as I did that day in all my years of being a wrestling fan. Probably woke up the neighbours.

Punks exit was part of the reason I became disillusioned with the WWE in the mid 2020s. His AEW run is what made me a fan of that company. And his third return to the WWE somehow got me watching 3 hours of Raw again. I’ve got to go with what may well be my favourite wrestling moment of all time.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for sharing! A lot of really great responses. I enjoyed reading them all.

The committee has chosen 3 winners:

• Steve Grows Weed
  • Brian from Kitchener
  • Brandom from Oshawa

Check your messages and emails.

1 Like