AEW Rampage Notes: Dark Order Advances in Trios Tournament, Claudio Castagnoli Retains ROH Title

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/27/aew-rampage-notes-dark-order-advances-in-trios-tournament-claudio-castagnoli-retains-roh-title/

AEW Rampage Notes: Dark Order Advances in Trios Tournament, Claudio Castagnoli Retains ROH Title

August 26, 2022

By: John Kleinchester

Dark Order’s John Silver, Alex Reynolds, and Preston “10” Vance defeated House of Black after Miro interfered. House of Black triple-teamed Miro in the ring until Darby Allin and Sting made the save.

FTW Champion Hook was interviewed backstage and said he didn’t care about Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Ange. After Hook walked away the pair entered and asked “What if” they took the FTW championship away from him.

Wardlow squashed Ryan Nemeth in a TNT Championship match with Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Satnam Singh, and Chris Sabin looking on from the ramp.

The Andrade Family Office was interviewed backstage noting that both of their teams lost last week. Andrade said “everything in this world has consequences” and walked off.

Powerhouse Hobbs squashed Ashton Day. After the match, The Factory appeared in the back and QT Marshall hit Ricky Starks with his watch wrapped around his fist.

Jade Cardill and The Baddies were interviewed in the back and Jade said she was done with Leila Grey. Athena jumped Jade to end the segment.

Tay Melo & Sammy Guevara defeated Ruby Soho & Ortiz after Anna Jay interfered and threw Ruby Soho into the steel steps.

A short backstage video of CM Punk after the loss to Moxley aired. Punk was heard saying “I can’t put any weight on it. It just gave out. When I originally broke it, I didn’t feel anything so I don’t know what that means.”

Claudio Castagnoli defeated Dustin Rhodes in the main event to retain his ROH Championship.

AEW Rampage results:
*Dark Order over House of Black in 9:04
*TNT Championship Match: Wardlow over Ryan Nemeth in 1:31
*Powerhouse Hobbs over Ashton Day in 1:02
*Tay Melo & Sammy Guevara over Ruby Soho & Ortiz in 9:42
*ROH World Championship Match: Claudio Castagnoli over Dustin Rhodes in 12:26