AEW Revolution pay-per-view set for Saturday, February 29th

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/11/aew-revolution-pay-per-view-set-for-saturday-february-29th/

During Wednesday’s episode of AEW Dynamite, the promotion revealed its next pay-per-view will take place on Saturday, February 29th.

The event will be called ‘Revolution’ and will take place from the Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois. The arena is located approximately 45 minutes from the Sears Centre and has been a strong market for the promotion in its infancy.

In the press release, AEW stated that the event will be tied in with C2E2 (Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo).

As of now, there is no major competition that night from WWE or UFC. The UFC will run a pay-per-view on February 8th headlined by Jon Jones and Dominick Reyes while WWE runs TakeOver from Portland on February 16th.

Conrad Thompson was asked on Twitter about a Starrcast convention running in Chicago during the weekend of the AEW pay-per-view and Thompson responded, ‘No’.

Tickets for AEW Revolution go on sale Friday, December 20th.

Another Chicago event? Other than Vegas have they done a show west of Texas?

1 Like

Nope, seems like they are really sticking to Chicago.

All in, All Out, One episode of Dynamite, and now this show.

From their announced shows it looks like they won’t have a show west of Texas until after the end of February (They are announced with shows until 2/12 and this show, with nothing past Texas).

Which isn’t the biggest deal, I’m just surprised with Quarterly PPVs that 2 have now been Chicago, with a promise to go back to Chicago in September for another PPV.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal they are going back to the same market. They’ve basically gone there quarterly… And it seems a lot more since they’ve had so few shows in the last twelve months.

I assume the big draw to bring them was their involvement with C2E2. You have a giant crowd of people coming into the city for that already (close to 100K last year) - so you’ve got that to piggyback off of.

While the optics seem like they are running the area very frequently - to me, it’s the key market of they’re current touring. No different than the WWE running NY / NYC more than monthly for the first 20+ years of their existence. Or WCW in Atlanta at the Omni, when they ran there.

1 Like

To me it the use for their big shows as this will be 3/5 PPV (if you count All in) in Chicago, with another already in the books. It isn’t the worst thing ever just disappointing that they aren’t putting such a big show elsewhere.

I guess they are trying to get some of the C2E2 audience in Chicago over that weekend but I’m not a huge fan of them constantly going back there. As a West Coast guy they should really serve this market.

2 Likes