AEW Revolution

I’m sure a great story to be told but the woman who performed Jericho’s theme got his attention with this tweet

1 Like

Didn’t love the main event. Surprised they changed the title. Jericho seemed hotter than Mox

Yeah, pirating it is free. Love how you list that like it’s a legitimate means to support the PPV.

There are people claiming they paid 50 bucks for this.

You couldn’t just goto FITE and buy it for 20? Even if you don’t like IPTV why would anyone pay 50 when it’s 20 on FITE ?

Liked the show but it had its flaws.

The tag match, Sami/Darby and Cassidy/PAC were all great.

The main event and Cody’s match were good but missing a little something to get them to the next level.

The women’s match was terrible and the opener not great - way too long. Matches in general felt a little long but overall I’d give it a 7.5

For the same reason people still buy WWE PPV’s- they live in an area where high speed internet isn’t available

Satellite internet is miserably slow, and you’re usually capped at a shitty allotment of gigabytes, and going over it is punitive.

So in other words, they buy PPV at $50 for completely rational reasons.

1 Like

Opener in my opinion was a decent match (as a match), but it was over the top with the booking. I don’t think it needed this much and the ending was weird. Jake did not looked like a monster at all after this one.

Sammy vs Darby was awesome. Had a bad camera angle on the finish and didn’t looked that impactful, but Sammy G sold it like a million bucks. I love (to hate) him. Awesome match (one more time).

That tag team match was a piece of art. Phenomenal storytelling all the way through. Just blew me away. One should watch it to actually appreciate it. Just phenomenal.

OC vs PAC was outstanding too. The OC sloth gimmick in full display here - him getting his OP to underestimate him and than during the match just frustrate him with it, than pull those crazy moves and counters and putting PAC in hot water. He had him and than those pesky Lucha Bros interfered. I loved this match.

So Statlander had the flu or something, so I guess this is sort of an excuse. I didn’t thought it was bad, just… a match. I’ve seen waaaay worse. It was fine.

Cody vs MJF I thought was pretty decent. They were telling a lot of mini stories in this one, but I guess were not going absolutely all in, so they could continue with the feud later. It was a good match that kinda lacked something, but did what it had to do.

ME was decent match. Nothing outstanding aside that awesome Jericho entrance. It didn’t made any sense to me for Moxley to fight all match with one, so he can reveal he can see with it at the end. This spot should have been made earlier. I don’t want to say Mox is slowing down to his WWE style but I see something of it, which was sorta understandable here with Jericho, who is not a spring chicken. I hope he’ll have opponents that will push him to do better in the ring, like when he got free.

Overall those 3 matches I singled out are more than worth to spend your money on this show, and even if you are old school, hate the Bucks/Omega/OC whatever, there was stuff on the show like the ME and the Cody/MJF match, that is well worth. If you leave your prejudice at the door, sit back and actually watch - this was one hell of a show.

From a UK perspective, buying the PPV for £19.99 is perfectly affordable so am happy to pay for it via Fite. Actually with the lack of ITV Box Office option it has actually made me sign up for the AEW package on there so I can also watch Dynamite and saw the price of it on there. I would say that the overall business and pricing model on Fite needs to change but as a PPV last night that was fantastic. A great watch all round. Orange Cassidy was the best moment of the whole show.

I just watched PAC vs Orange Cassidy as I’m a big Orange Cassidy fan.

1 Like

I enjoyed the show, but the build was always going to be better than some of the matches. Jericho is slowing down, so I’m not expecting classics from him anymore. MJF and Cody arent incredible wrestlers. It was a solid match.

The tag title match was incredible though and I’m glad Omega and Hangman kept the titles. I see them maybe losing them on that March 25 show and I see Omega turning on Hangman going into a match at DoN.

Fact or fiction : I felt Cody’s enterance would have been better without the band singing it live.

I thought the band didn’t sound good at all and it really didn’t make it any hotter than it should have been. I was more focused on his new tattoo lol

Me either. I think it’s pretty obvious by now that the ones who rave about him like that kind of stupid shit and were already fans of AEW.

I continue to believe the reason AEW can’t increase their audience beyond the 900,000 to 950,000 resistance level (and why they lost the 500,000 who tuned in for the first couple of weeks) is because the fan base that used to watch pro-wrestling or could be converted aren’t interested in the version that AEW are presenting where there is still a large emphasis on it being a performance. To their credit, they have made some positive changes but I fear they are too short-sighted and won’t get rid of the elements that are holding them back from a more mainstream acceptance for fear of losing the small but vocal hardcore fans who (inexplicably) like that stupid shit.

1 Like

Two months into the year, I’d say Omega is very easily the wrestler of the year. The guy is completely on fire. He’s helped turn Page into a huge star, had some of the best tag matches in years and put on a classic with Pac

1 Like

On the Cassidy stuff, I was in a room full of casuals - male and female - and everyone loved it. Honestly it was the first time I’d ever seen him work one on one too and the guy is just so incredibly over. I think he’s going to become a massive star and drive more and different fans to the product

1 Like

If anything Omega has been too unselfish this year, but this match again shows how great Omega and the Bucks are.

I need to go back and watch this again- there were so many callbacks to previous matches and points in history. This is what I love about an Omega match- when you watch closely, you get massively rewarded for being a long time fan, and if even if you don’t know a damn thing about his history you still get to see some exciting action.

I think match order was an issue on this show. Putting the tag match early seemed to hurt everything that came after it a little bit except OC vs PAC.

It made it quite obvious that Cody and MJF are far from being able to go at the level of Omega and the Bucks from an in-ring action perspective, even though MJF is a lot better than he was a year ago, and Cody is a great storyteller. This match just missed the mark for me and felt flat.

Mox vs. Jericho was pretty good but well below Jericho’s Tanahashi match for example. I’d love to see Mox work a longer program with Suzuki- they are awesome together.

I really enjoyed the show overall, sure there were some misses but these guys are really trying, and they’re just still so new as an organization.

1 Like

Yeah I also think it was a mistake to open with Dustin/Hagar when the obvious much better choice was Darby/Sammy.

Will Osprey has been better with Zack

I completely understand the gimmick of Cassidy who is too lazy or tired to do anything and sometimes he’s angry and then he becomes a sloth again. I don’t know why that gimmick speaks to me (and many people).

2 Likes

I don’t know

I don’t get it - he’s a talented guy his gimmick of not trying is stupid to me. Putting his hands in his pockets is dumb.

I think it’s age dependant - I’m not a millenial but I think he appeals more to them (put your hands in pockets and do nothing).

He is clearly over to a live crowd - but then again Sandman was over in ECW and he never could work on a large scale. This could be similar.

I’m willing to admit he’s not my cup of tea bc I’m too old.

But it has to be said for all the aweosme TV it’s likely this PPV does less buys overall (UK related) and they aren’t really gaining a TV audience. Look at the bump Smackdown got yesterday - if they want to compete on that level they don’t seem to have something that appeals on a larger scale

Doing stuff like having Dustin force himself on someone isn’t going to get you mass appeal.

1 Like

Someone plz attack this guy for me

I have no energy

2 Likes