AEW Vs NJPW Forbidden Door in Toronto on June 25th

Smackdown in August at the ACC has plenty of tickets available. My guess is some people are going to SummerSlam in Detroit (like me) and waiting to buy tickets. I also noticed Raw tickets last year moved slowly until Edge was announced.

Yeah, Iā€™ve gotta say this is the highest demand Iā€™ve ever seen. I usually still access to every event and summer slam survivor series and all they all sellout nothing is like this so far

Just want to make sure I am interpreting this comment correctly which I assume is going back to the comments made by a few about the Omega vs Hijo Del Vikingo match.

Are you telling us all to Get the Fuck Out of Here because a few of us said we wanted a promo or a video package to build up to match with a wrestler some of us never even heard of until this past weekend?

Just a strawman argument that has nothing to do with the discussion that was had on this forum.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to say no one thought they were sell out at Scotiabank. If you go back when they initially announced it, I was up in arms saying it made no sense that they were in that crappy Coca-Cola arena and they shouldā€™ve run Scotiabank or Roger centre because they wouldā€™ve sold it. So I donā€™t think anyone is claiming that Torontoā€™s appetite for an AEW show isnā€™t there

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty confident that 99% of the posters on this board (if not 100%) would expect AEW to see out a PPV in TO.

1 Like

Iā€™m super happy and excited for
Yā€™all!!! Hereā€™s hoping for a dream card for the ages. Love the hype thus far.

I mean, I think weā€™re all hoping we see omega Vs Okada, Mone Vs Britt and Zach Vs Bryan. I have a feeling they will stack it given that itā€™s sold out and Toronto is a large market which is likely to get them the ability to come back here inland possibly run their first stadium if they do a good job.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather Mone vs Hayter over Britt, but either way

Yeah, I take either. I think the interesting one is what they do with MJF if he is champion ā€“ he probably needs to be involved and Iā€™m not sure who he match them up with on the other side. J White wouldā€™ve been who I thought, but heā€™s not there

If Mercedes Mone is on the show i would like to see her face Guilia, Syuri or Tam Nakano if thereā€™s Stardom involvement. Moxley vs. Ishii would be great to see, their G1 match a few years ago was awesome.

Here are the presale codes for the other shows. Starts tomorrow at 10 AM.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/169367/complete-presale-codes-for-aews-canadian-tour-events-this-summer.html?p=1

1 Like

Good luck today on public sale for those that didnā€™t get in the first time.

If you are playing the Ticketmaster game some tips

1. Often times people get to checkout and then fail. They will bounce back to the available tickets - just keep refreshing. I grabbed about 4 tickets this was on presale.

2. Tickets are dynamically priced - go up if more demand. Keep an eye on them bouncing back as the often revert to initial price

3. Keep an eye on Stubhub - as more inventory is sold the scalpers will undercut each other and you might get lucky (unlikely due to fees)

4. Rather than look at the map look at the right hand side and pick your seats from the listing - itā€™s quicker

2 Likes

Must be my lucky day. Managed to score floor seats in the NE section for face value from a guy at work.

Anybody bringing their girlfriend/wife/partner who isnā€™t particularly interested in wrestling (at least not so much to maintain interest for a 5+ hour show)?? Worried sick my girl is gonna lose her mind after hour four. Maybe we could set up an official Post Wrestling Plus Ones section for bored tag-alongs to talk about art or Big Brother or whatever else?? Just a thought.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the remaining prices for anything decent are way out of my budget. Phenomenal to see the demand for this. Congrats to everyone who nabbed tickets!

I wonder if theyā€™ll open up more seats and expand capacity?

3 Likes

Anyone who got 300s level say hi! Lol at least we got in the building

5 Likes

For future Scotiabank events if people tell me before I can get seats (upto 4)

We had all upper bowl for 100 bucks for row 1 and lowers were 119 row 10 for 200.

2 Likes

I sat there for Summerslam. Great view

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing there are some financial drawbacks to going internationalā€¦ because Toronto is the fourth largest city (by population) in North America and always shows up huge for wrestling, but it doesnā€™t feel like a major player.

I know Toronto is a pretty regular stop on WWE TV and house show circuit, but itā€™s underutilized for big shows considering itā€™s basically the same (actually a bit higher population) as Chicago.

The issue is Skydome (Rogers centre). Vince refuses to run it bc itā€™s an older stadium. So their only option is SB which isnā€™t a stadium.

A WM in Toronto is a no brainer if we had the venue - look at 6 and 18

1 Like

Thatā€™s crazy when you consider it might be the easiest 50K sellout in North America. Any WWE major show is drawing that, no doubt. And i donā€™t if AEW is at that point yet for any show, but Toronto would give them as good a chance as anywhere to sell that many tickets.

Hell, you could probably fill it for Extreme Rules or a stacked Raw if you nailed the build.

1 Like