AEW vs NXT

Her challenging Rhea is the best thing ever.

Does anyone want to see her vs Becky again? Or her vs Bayley again?

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t get my point about NXT twisted. I’m 100% in favor of Rhea v. Charlotte and even more in favor of Rhea v. Charlotte with Belair somehow looped in to create another star in this match.

1 Like

I’m less for the 3 way as I’m not sure it works as well to create stars. I guess it gets both Exposure at Mania, but 1 on 1 matches always make the biggest impact. I mean Flair losing because Rhea Pins Bianca isn’t the same. Or Bianca pinning Rhea after Flair does the damage etc.

Yeah I just want a one-on-one match, especially if it’s involving the rumble winner. We all know how that worked out last year…

Keeps the title in NXT without flipping it to Flair. Both elevated in Flair’s match. Gives fans who want to see a title change but are sick of Flair something to root for. (those were my thoughts behind why I liked the idea…plus it doesn’t totally shit on Takeover Portland build, and plays off the encounter in the Rumble which felt very on purpose)

I mean Flair can wait for a while to declare and not Ruin the takeover build or do it before then and that match is even more important because now it is for the title and a spot (potentially) at Mania. That would actually make the build better not worse (as long as Flair isn’t focusing on one person the whole time.). Like if she just says that NXT has the best women’s division so I am going to challenge for that title at Mania, now every title match in NXT has added stakes.

2 Likes

But to me the Charlotte character wants to be the biggest star, have the most attention, biggest pyro, etc. How is going to NXT going to help that? It’s the third brand, has the smallest TV audience and the smallest live audience. Seems a bit weird. I also dont know if she’s a heel or face - it seems to change every week

It’s almost like they really didn’t have a plan in place, and just substituted Charlotte for Bayzler

2 Likes

Nah they had a plan and Vince thought it was too obvious so he thought “We’ll show them.”

3 Likes

Sometimes, being predictable isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re telling a decent story (to a certain extent)
WWE feels the need to overly complicate things. Last year, they almost killed Becky by adding the injury angle, then the Charlotte angle, then the apology angle, etc. Etc
Going in a straight line; from point A to point B is usually the best idea, and they struggle with that concept

2 Likes

Wonder if the Io injury hurt the plan for NXT

I doubt it they have so many talented performers they will make it work. If they can make the Ciampa injury work last year they can make anything work.

1 Like

I mean you can take a turn, but that was way to many turns. Like they could have done Becky V Charlotte between the Rumble and Mania for the right to the spot and that would have worked. But what they did ruined the whole thing.

1 Like

They could have just had Charlotte buy into the match by putting her SmackDown title on the line but of course they put her into the match first and then had her win the SD title in a desperate attempt to show she was bringing something to the match after her inclusion was already announced (or maybe they did do that and I’m misremembering the order things happened…). They could have even had Charlotte dispute Becky’s Rumble win as Becky wasn’t supposed to be in it so Charlotte was the true winner of the Royal Rumble. They could’ve made things make a bit more sense but I think the were making it up as they were going along.

As for Charlotte vs. Ripley, I’m all for it. I don’t think we’ll get that though. I can see them bullshitting their way into a Becky/Charlotte/Rousey rematch. Build it off of the botched(?) finish from last year’s Mania and they all agree to do it all again rendering the Rumble win meaningless.

I also think that the survivor series match hurt SHayna

Kenta trolling the parking attack for the win!

I don’t really see that as trolling. At all.

It is funny though because people are repeatedly beat up in the NXT parking lot.

Is this just a AEW/NXT random discussion thread?

The tangents makes it confusing as to what this thread is supposed to be for me.

Also, wouldn’t this forum benefit from a WWE/AEW/Indies/Japan random discussion threads where people can just post funny tidbits that really wouldn’t make for a thread itself but make for some random banter?

2 Likes

At this point it is kind of a catch all for discussion about those shows and anything else that comes up.

Other company topic threads could be good if people want to start them. I started this one when the shows went head to head for the first time and it has just kept going. Personally I prefer it to a ton of random shorter threads unless there is a larger topic. It keeps the larger board less cluttered up.

2 Likes