Following AEW’s first-ever installment of the WrestleDream pay-per-view from Seattle, Washington, AEW President Tony Khan spoke to the media and welcomed talents to the podium who were in action at the show. Below are highlights and talking points from those respective scrum sessions:
- Danielson stated that just because he got the win over Zack Sabre Jr. does not mean he’s convinced that he’s the best technical wrestler in the world. Danielson added that he was in awe of what Sabre Jr. was doing in the ring.
- He heaped praise onto independent talent Bryan Keith for his performance on Rampage against Hangman Adam Page.
- When asked about the idea of Brie Bella competing for AEW, he says Brie is the ‘boss’ of their family and if she wants to return to the ring, she’ll make it happen.
- Allin is going to the hospital to get checked up on following the main event match he had at WrestleDream.
- He is still planning to climb Mount Everest and has a meeting about it on 10/2.
- He discussed filming the vignette for Adam ‘Edge’ Copeland’s AEW debut. The fireworks that went off during the vignette was not planned and those came from when the Seattle Mariners won a home game at T-Mobile Park. Allin chatted with Copeland when they filmed the vignette and told him he wants to pick his brain. Copeland responded to Allin and told him he’s not one of those ‘back in my day’ veterans who tries to force information onto talents.
- Allin confirms he was bleeding from his cheek because he bounced his skateboard off his face while getting hyped for the match.
Chris Jericho & Kenny Omega
- Jericho states that him and Kenny Omega have talked about tagging for a while so he trademarked ‘The Golden Jets’ name.
- Omega shared the positive interaction he had with Adam Copeland following his AEW debut.
- On the 10/4 Dynamite, Jericho and Omega are taking on Sammy Guevara and Konosuke Takeshita.
- Strickland feels Tony Khan laid out the red carpet for him since he arrived to AEW at Revolution 2022.
- Tony added that when Strickland debuted, Chris Jericho thought Strickland looked cool and wanted to know more about him.
- Swerve touched on the line about becoming the first Black AEW World Champion and what that representation means along with what he can do and/or does to attract more Black viewership.
- When asked about Adam Copeland, TNT Champion Christian Cage said he was surprised, but does not care that Copeland is in AEW.
- AEW World and ROH World Tag Team Champion MJF spoke highly of Adam Copeland. MJF called him ‘Edge’ and Tony Khan immediately said, ‘Woah, woah, woah.’
- As Khan’s solo scrum session was underway, he stated that Bullet Club Gold’s Juice Robinson and The Gunns (Austin & Colten Gunn) are appearing on the 10/4 Dynamite