AJ Styles accepts Edge's challenge for a match at WWE WrestleMania Backlash

Originally published at AJ Styles accepts Edge's challenge for a match at WWE WrestleMania Backlash

Edge and AJ Styles to run it back at WrestleMania Backlash.

Coming out of WrestleMania 38 where Edge got a win over AJ Styles, their on-screen feud continued because of Damian Priest’s involvement in their first match. It is now official that Styles and Edge are going to go one-on-one again at WrestleMania Backlash on May 8th.

The challenge was issued by Edge during his promo segment on the 4/18 Raw. Later on, Styles was interviewed and accepted the challenge and when he did, the lights began to flickering and ultimately cut out. When the lights came back on, Styles was caught in between Edge and Priest and they beat him down.

"I finally decided not to care what YOU think and take back what I never lost … which is the pinnacle of this industry which I call my mountain of omnipotence!"@EdgeRatedR #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/XM8qdzrvfs

— WWE (@WWE) April 19, 2022

The lights just went out on #WWERaw!

It's revealed to be @EdgeRatedR and @ArcherofInfamy!!! pic.twitter.com/Y2d45ddWor

— WWE (@WWE) April 19, 2022

Now that Edge versus Styles is official, there are now four matches scheduled for WrestleMania Backlash and those are listed as followed:

• SmackDown Women’s Championship — I Quit Match: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
  • Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins
  • SmackDown & Raw Tag Team Championship Unification Match: RK-Bro (Randy Orton & Riddle) (Raw Tag Champions) vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) (SmackDown Tag Champions)
  • AJ Styles vs. Edge