AJ Styles says he has no respect for CM Punk following Punk calling him out for staying silent about racial issues

You can oppose racism without making a statement about it. Some people are just making a statement just to go along with everyone else. It would seem alot more honest if the same people made these statements a few months ago with out being pressured to make a statement.

2 Likes

I think there is a difference with coming out and making a statement and refusing to comment on it when asked.

2 Likes

It just wanted to add that it reminds me of people that have to announce to the whole world that they are donating to a charity. Just donate. Dont make it public just to make your self more popular.

2 Likes

Fuck that.

If you’re not willing to say you’re not racist and publicly stand up against it - you’re part of the problem right now.

1 Like

The media has done a great job of starting this whole thing. This is just dividing us apart even more. Just my opinion. This whole thing started with police brutality. That is the issue. We should be protesting police brutality regardless of anyones race. Who said that the police was racist? Just because the victim happened to be black? I feel bad about what happened but the victim could have been white. Police brutality is police brutality regardless of who the victim is.

1 Like

If you think racism is the creation of “the MEDIA”, you’re insane.

8 Likes

Just that they are helping to drive people apart.

Again, what is divisive about trying to have people speak out against racism?!

I remember months ago in europe that there was racist chants against black players. That is clearly racism. People should have protested at that time.

Ok, please look into the history. And we’re getting off topic of AJ Styles, but think about it.

Think about the police as an institution. Did you see the video of the 75 year old getting pushed and cracking his skull? One cop went down for a second to try and help and another pulled him up and they keep going. Then, maybe 100 others police walked by as the man was potentially dying there. The system makes “good cops” do bad things.

Then when the two cops who pushed the old man were arrested 50 others quit that unit. They quit to support two guys WHO PUSHED OVER AN OLD MAN AND HAD BRAIN DAMAGE.

5 Likes

I will be honest. I have not watched any videos. It is too painful to watch. I just think that police need better training. They also need to find a way to get rid of people who get into the job for the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Absolutely. Think of the systemic issues. Whites are treated way better by the police/court system than blacks.
Remember that Brock Turner was caught raping a woman behind a dumpster and got leniency from the judge.
And for getting rid of bad cops, look into qualified immunity and how cops unions make it virtually impossible to get a cop convicted. Only 1 in 100 cops that kill sometime get convicted. And only 3 in 100 are even indicted for crimes.

4 Likes

I agree with you. That is a problem. All races need to be treated equally in court but that is a seperate issue. If people were protesting the court system than i would understand the protests. I meant to say that they need to find a way to weed out bad people from becoming a cop.

People aren’t treated equally by the police either. The statistics beat out that black people are killed at a much higher rate, are physically attacked more often, and are harassed far more often.

3 Likes

See, redlining: https://youtu.be/YrHIQIO_bdQ

2 Likes

This makes no sense. The police and the courts are part of the same system.

What’s the point of just “protesting the court system” if people don’t even have a chance to go to court because the police kill them? Also, of cases that do go to court, many shouldn’t in the first place. Then there’s the issue of the countless people, especially black people, who’ve ended up in prison via the courts due to (false) statements from the police - who’s word is obviously given higher importance.

Are you going to pretend that the prison system is an separate issue to court as well? “Why protest the court system, they should just be protesting the unrelated prison system instead!”

One more thing; maybe you should take a leaf out of AJ Styles’ book. If you know little to nothing about a subject and even by your own admission don’t want to, then sit it out. Nobody is actually forcing you to have an opinion let alone share it with the world.

3 Likes

It’s a privilege you have to refuse to watch videos of the experiences of POCs with police because it’s “too painful” while engaging in arguments of whataboutism and accusing “the media” of division. Watch Tamir Rice, a fucking 12 year old, being murdered my police. Watch George Floyd being suffocated to death. Watch Samuel DuBose being murdered. Watch Eric Garner being strangled to death. Watch Walter Scott being shot in the back. Watch Philando Castile get murdered in his car with his girlfriend and daughter in the car with him. And on, and on, and on. Watch the videos and confront the reality that others in this country (and around the world) don’t have the ability to dismiss like you do.

4 Likes

And this is a fucking stupid thing to say. Forcing words in mouths of people that might just want to stay out of conflict or have some reason or whatever is also a part of the problem, cause if you FORCE ME to say something, I promise I’ll fight back even if I agree. Attitude must be changed from both sides for this to actually work.

1 Like

Did you seriously just post an article about Joey fucking Salads prank videos to support your point? And an article in German from an obscure far-right “newspaper” which has existed for less time than Joey Salad’s YouTube channel?

And you expect people to take your opinion seriously? This is hilarious.

4 Likes

I don’t care where it is from or who did it - the context matters. I guess what he could do different is to put a black guy in the white neighborhood, but I highly doubt the result would be very different. It’s a touchy subject, yes, but when your first reaction is violence and not even trying to hear what the person have to say, how do you think a conflict can be resolved?

I you guessed “violence” you’ve hit the nail on the head.