Aja Kong undergoing knee surgery

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/10/12/aja-kong-undergoing-knee-surgery/

Kong is having an artificial joint inserted into her knee.

30-plus year veteran Aja Kong was most recently in action on October 10th for the ‘Diana’ promotion in Japan. Coming out of that event, it was announced that Kong would be taking time off to undergo knee surgery.

The operation is so that an artificial joint can be inserted into Kong’s knee. She told Tokyo Sports that she does not plan to be out of action for long and she is not retiring. The 51-year-old Aja Kong stated that she believes she’ll be wrestling well into her 80s.

Can I continue working for only 5 or 10 years? Personally, I say that I will continue to be active for the rest of my life, so I will cure this (right knee). I will continue even when I am 80 or 90 years old.

Her right knee had been bothering her for quite some time. She had an operation on her knee two years ago. The pain began to reoccur so she opted to have an artificial joint inserted. Aja will be hospitalized for three weeks post-surgery.

This past September, she was scheduled to celebrate 35 years in wrestling with an anniversary show. That was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.