Alexa Bliss reflects on being drafted to main roster from NXT in July 2016

Originally published at Alexa Bliss reflects on being drafted to main roster from NXT in July 2016

Alexa Bliss has reflected on the moment almost six years ago when she was drafted to the main roster.

Bliss was drafted during a live WWE Network special following the July 19th, 2016 edition of SmackDown. BT Sport presenter and NXT UK wrestler Jinny Sandhu recently caught up with Bliss and asked her about that moment.

It was a very special moment for sure because I felt like I didn’t think I was going to be drafted. I didn’t think that it was my turn and, you know, I was in that moment where I was, like, I was in NXT for three years. All these people that I had started training with had already been called to the roster, and I just didn’t think that — part of me thought that it would never be my turn.

To have that moment was super special and, yeah, as someone who doesn’t like the real attention on them, there’s a camera right in my face. It was a very real reaction and it was very comforting in a sense. I remember the first thing I did was I texted my mom and I was like, “I’m doing it. We did it.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit ‘WWE on BT Sport’ with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.