Alexa Bliss thinks 'being herself' on TV is not entertaining, feels she's in limbo character-wise

Originally published at Alexa Bliss thinks 'being herself' on TV is not entertaining, feels she's in limbo character-wise

Alexa Bliss discusses her current on-screen presentation.

Following her appearance at Elimination Chamber in February, Alexa Bliss returned to WWE TV on the May 9th episode of Raw. Bliss is back to wearing her traditional ring gear and has had a change of theme music which is a different presentation from the character she played that was attached to ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt.

Bliss touched on her current presentation while speaking to ‘Metro’. She feels that ‘being herself’ on TV is not entertaining. She’s trying to find what can appeal and something that is an escape from who she is off-screen.

Bliss feels she’s in limbo character-wise and does not know where she is taking the character. Alexa stated that she may have had more characters than any woman on WWE’s roster.

Everything I do in the ring is a creative escape for me, because this is the first time I’ve actually been myself on TV, but before in the last eight years, I’ve never been me. They always say, ‘Be yourself but turned up’, but for me in life – I like me. For TV, I’m not entertaining, I know that! I’m boring! I sit on the couch and watch Netflix, that’s not something you can sell on TV, that’s not gonna be fun in matches. So I’m trying to find what that is and what that escape is.

Now I’m in this limbo of, I don’t really know where I’m going with my character yet. I kind of evolved so many times in the last nine years – I feel like I’ve had more characters than any other woman on the roster. So now, it’s finding where I fit, what character is needed for the show. Right now, I’m just me and I don’t like that for TV. I like me for me outside in life, but for TV – Lexi is not entertaining.

Prior to her singles win over Doudrop on Raw at Madison Square Garden, Bliss stated that she’s looking to get back into championship contention.

The Raw Women’s Title is currently in Bianca Belair’s possession and she is defending the belt against Becky Lynch at SummerSlam.