Alexander Hammerstone discusses if he thinks WWE regrets not signing him, grateful for the path he's taken

Originally published at Alexander Hammerstone discusses if he thinks WWE regrets not signing him, grateful for the path he's taken

MLW World Champion Alexander Hammerstone reflects on his journey.

Throughout his near-ten years as a pro wrestler, Alexander Hammerstone has had three WWE tryouts. He has spoken candidly about how he felt when he did not make the cut.

Present day, Hammerstone is the reigning MLW World Heavyweight Champion and has been in possession of the championship for a full year. While being interviewed by The Wrassingh Show, he was asked if he feels WWE regrets not signing him when they had the chance.

He is not one to look back on opportunities as such with a bitter attitude. Hammerstone suggested that he had shown raw potential but had not begun to flourish. He added that he’s grateful for the path he’s taken and maybe there’s a chance they come together down the line.

You know, that’s always a possibility, right? But here’s the thing, I’m one of those guys who when people get to a certain point and they look back with this bitter attitude of, hey, those guys slept on me when they had the chance. It’s not like that. When they had that chance to sign me, I might have shown that raw potential but I hadn’t begun to flourish, I hadn’t started proving what I’m capable of. I was just raw potential and you know, getting turned away might’ve been that kick in the ass that set me on the path I’m on now and if they look at it with regret, hey, maybe down the line, there’s another chance to work together but as for the time being, I’m grateful for everything that’s happened, the way it’s happened because it’s carved me into the wrestler I am today.

At the end of this month, Hammerstone will be putting the MLW World Heavyweight Title on the line against E.J. Nduka in a Last Man Standing match at Fightland.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit The Wrassingh Show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.