All Elite Wrestling tops NXT by a wide margin with 940,000 viewers

The only losers in this “war” are the fans who have stubbornly picked a side and are wasting their time “supporting their brand” rather than just enjoying the show(s) they want to enjoy.

6 Likes

Shahid does

Tony is just Shane - rich kid with no abilities of his own that uses daddies money to have a job.

You are right it won’t be Tony Khan. But I could see him bringing in the Bucks and Cody for a laugh.

Imagine if he dressed up Cody in polka dots like his old man ? The son of sapphire and dusty!! Or bringing in the Bucks to be these ass kissing sidekicks he humiliates.

The only ones he won’t go after are Jericho (mutual respect) and Omega (they think he can draw money).

Cody was already Stardust so I think the polka dots thing might be an upgrade

1 Like

Yeah it might be lol. The one thing we can give Vince credit is that he is good at humiliation. He’s had some doozies over the years when he wants to bring someone down a few pegs.

From making Trish bark to getting Regal to start a club to having his wife kick JR in the nuts to what is the ultimate - having UT make JR join the club while Vince has his hat on. Throwing Eric out with the trash. Putting the WCW sign on Neidharts Butt while DX slaps him around.

The man is creative and loves humiliation so if he wins the war he’s probably got some bad stuff planned

NXT was already on Wednesdays I do think they rushed it to USA live because of AEW. That said it has clearly slowed their momentum. You cannot really argue that it hasn’t. AEW is doing like 1.2 million or so on the 7+ Rating. If NXT wasn’t on you mean to tell me they wouldn’t have more live viewers? NXT was never going to squash AEW in 3 months. AEW needs to see where they are 1 year in 2 years in. AEWs total failure has always been completely within their own control. WWE can only slow their momentum.

It won’t happen to the Kahn’s though as they don’t need him for employment.

1 Like

Agreed but when was the last time he did a good humiliation? I’d say the Dean Ambrose gas mask gimmick, but I think Vince actually thought that would work.

He’s totally made Rusev look like a loser with all the Lana/Lashley stuff.

I think the move, if anything, has hurt NXT. They’re consistently losing to a start-up and I just dont think they have the roster to run live two hour shows every week. It’s supposed to be developmental and I question who this move to weekly live TV is actually developing.

Are guys any more ready for the main roster because of this? I’d say they are less so because there’s more pressure to put established people on the show now.

It’s a fair point. He hasn’t done a good one in a while. Maybe he’s lost his touch or just hasn’t had a good target. Probably having Ace fire JR while Jan was there and had no idea. Or Big DickJohnson ruining JRs suit when he had no change of clothes to fly home.

He surprisingly hasn’t made a mock character called Elite (like Gilberg) yet. The possibilities there are endless. I would just have Elite keep doing the same two moves all the time with a super kick and pointing and delivering a running knee while his opponents look on confused and he does the mocking. Imagine him doing rise of terminator and always fucking it up?

Vince get on it!!!

I feel likes it’s coming. Now that ARW isn’t going anywhere he may uo the game

Actually that would be pretty funny. I’m also a little surprised they haven’t mocked AEW at all. Aside from that weird segment with Zayn where he mentioned AEW.

Oh I guess the Revival shaving each other’s backs was a decent humiliation by Vince also.

1 Like

I think it helps because it makes a move unnecessary. I mean what were guys like the UE, Gargano, Ciampa etc going to be in the main roster (unless WWE actually does something smart and make the 2 main brands different.) Those guys are largely 205 live candidates on the main roster long term. I mean let’s think about Gargano or Cole vs Brock…those guys are smaller than the small guys that Brock has faced. Vince’s obsession with size hurts those guys because they are tiny compared to average main roster guys. NXT hides that because the whole roster is fairly small. So NXT as a non-developmental brand gives those guys a spot to become stars without having to wade through the main roster biases. NXT is not developmental any longer. Will some talent move to other rosters- yes if there is a need or space, but I don’t think it is the final destination on the path for everyone. So having a platform of exposure for different talent is a positive. As I said the best thing would be NXT as developmental and not on live TV and Raw (or SD) taking over the NXT style while utilizing top talent as well. But given that won’t happen, having NXT is a net positive for the industry.

You’re not supposed to point that out…

I get people preferring AEW over NXT, I get people preferring NXT over AEW. What I don’t get is this inability some fans have to take any criticism of the show they like to the point they make insane arguments that don’t make sense.

2 Likes

Yup. I like NXT. I was freely admitting AEW had a great show last week and NXT was missable. I still like NXT better but don’t wear
Blinders guys

My bad…is it better if I just pretend to know what is going through the mind of a man I never met?

Seems to be the running theme here

NXT is stale? Are we watching the same show?

Never mind. Opinions.

1 Like

Hasn’t the show had essentially the same look for like six years?

1 Like

Last week was a bit stale

No one cares about dusty Classic. Meaningless.

Worlds collide seems filler. No consequences.

We know Shayna wasn’t winning. Having to see either Shayna or Binace win seems like filler until we get Io at WM.

I watch wrestling for the entertainment not what the crowd looks like.

1 Like

Then I hope to god you aren’t a watching RAW