All Out Main Event

And again, that’s why I think so many fans expect the worst. The last 20+ years or Mainstream American wrestling has trained most fans to expect certain cliches.

With the exception of the Christian hype / debut, I really can’t think of a serious misstep* with AEW. They listen to feedback and pivot incredibly well.

*You can also mention the lackluster explosion, but I don’t feel that’s totally on them, as opposed to the pyro company.

1 Like

Yes this is totally it.

It makes no sense if you want Page to be the guy to beat Omega (which he should be) get that shot while you have two major stars about to debut that will overshadow him.

No one will overshadow Punk at All Out - why dilute a Page win? Asko you have Jericho vs MJF and lots of other good stuff on the go. On top of that when Bryan debuts one imagines he is going to want a shot at Omega (he’s too big a star to wrestle mid carders). So let him get his shot and let Punks newness wear off. let Jericho vs MJF wear off. Then eventually move towards the Omega vs Page program when the dust has settled and you can commit to Page 100 percent.

After that you naturally get MJF as a challenger to the face champion and Miro as well. It makes sense to wait

4 Likes

Yes they do listen to criticism.

They have had a few missteps - Nightmare Collective, Vickie with Andrade, etc that they corrected.

The reaction to the explosion by TK trying to pawn it off like storyline was bad. That was a misstep. He should have owned it and moved on.

The Cage thing was bad from outset. They overhyped who was coming. They acted like it was Edge and delivered Christian basically. No one wants to see him near a title.

However overall they learn and move on from mistakes and I have faith the Page move (holding him off) makes sense.

I want to see Bryan vs Omega. I want to see Punk debut. I want to see Jericho can MJF. There is just too much good stuff right now. I can wait for Page to win the title until things cool off a bit.

2 Likes

In the context of the quote people point to he did take responsibility - and then jokes about the storyline reason being Omega being bad at bombs.

It’s a wrestling show; of course they were going to pawn it off on a storyline. I think they did own it was a let down.

1 Like

I think there are tons of great potential matches with upper-midcard / lower main player, that I’d love to see…
Jungle Boy, Penta, Finix, Andrede, PAC, Sammy, MJF, Darby, Bucks, Moxley, Miro, Starks, etc, that he’s got plenty of non-Championship matches to have to keep him plenty busy.

I just want them to stay the course. That’s all I want

1 Like

Ric Flair has been released. Omega vs Flair at All Out.

Oh, definitely. It would be a major mistake for anybody other than Page to dethrone Omega.

1 Like

Sting vs. Flair is the obvious main event.

shout out @JonPine who I’m stealing this idea from

1 Like