Some are decent at shutting it down. I think Alexa Bliss is actually one of the best at it. Daniel Bryan has been talking shit on them for it. It’s slipping my mind, but someone just used the What! chant on the crowd recently and I thought that was brilliant.
Here’s a couple of unpopular opinions based on classic wrestling:
Sean Mooney and Lord Alfred Hayes were an enjoyable commentary team.
1991 was one of the most entertaining years in the history of the WWE.
Lex Luger’s “Narcissist” character was enjoyable.
Think that was Charlotte last week.
Lucha Underground was by far the greatest weekly wrestling show ever.
Mandy Rose is now better in the ring than Alexa Bliss has ever been.
So, I’ve been holding onto this one for a whole but, in my opinion Ronda Rousey is trash.
- Struggles to cut a clear/coherent promo on live TV (English is her first language).
- Horrible in-ring for someone positioned in a WrestleMania main event match.
- Televised matches on the fly just seem clunky (No PC practice beforehand).
- No-sells a major kendo stick attack at SummerSlam (Didn’t even sell it for 1-day).
- During promo segments her acting is questionable at best (for someone who has Hollywood credits).
- Her views on the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting, calling it a conspiracy theory (Bleacher Report: 18/01/2013)
- Her views on the wider LGBT community, once saying about a trans-fighter quote "She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, …"unquote (Ney York Post: 10/04/2013)
- Her weird obsession with Becky calling herself “the Man” and trying to tie it to Becky having “Penis Envy” (Pro Wrestling: 19/11/2018)
In this case I’m part of the 75%. I think shes doing great (on TV). And I share her views on Sandy hook & trans-fighters
Here are a few
NJPW matches always consist of guys looking at each other and trading forearm shots and slaps. Just trading back and forth. One after the other. Although they look like they hurt its stupid to think anyone would do this in a real fight and the fact that it happens EVERY match makes the presentation look fake
Waylon Mercy was not a peaceful man
The Rainmaker is a crappy finisher. Same with Ibushi’s knee. These guys kick out of neck drops on the apron but not a glorified closeline or knee with minimal windup and momentum ? Jake Roberts used it basically as a setup move.
The Undertaker vs Kamala in the casket match was awesome bc he nailed it shut versus just closing it which takes 30 secs vs like 2 secs making it more impactful
Undertaker vs Ginat Gonzalez RIP match had the most disappointing stipulation when they finally announced what it meant
I think Dolph Ziggler is a good wrestler who could have been much more than he ended up being. Dunno if he’s a full time Main Event type, but he certainly could have been in the mix and held the title a few times.
I hate a lot of the excess of current day NXT. For example, I hated Dream vs Ciampa. Felt the entire match was unearned in terms of all those near falls and finisher kick outs.
i don’t get what the big deal is with Johnny Gargano, the guy is a great wrestlers but isn’t able to emote any emotions what’s so have outside of looking either happy or constipated.
He does a goofy face when he’s acting all concussed.
Wargames is an overconvoluted mess - if overconvoluted is going to be your game, at least bring back king of the mountain and do it properly!
Also, heel Michael Cole was the BEST! It was during a time when the only show I would watch was Wrestlemania for a few years. Will never forget tuning in one year and with no context seeing Michael Cole in a box at ringside going mad - Doin it for the Cole Miners baby! Can’t wait for that review a wai