An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

She slowly reverted to her old character after her injury. I listen to her promo last night and that’s where the old becky lynch fully came back.

I agree with most of what’s been said about Becky. WWE’s booking philosophy did not work in her favor. Despite being injured twice (nose/concussion and “knee”) and suspended at least once in the last five months or so, I feel like she had to cut (recite?) a long promo at least once every week between Raw and Smackdown.

Slow build doesn’t mean doing the same shit you always do, just with no match for a few months. It means having the patience to let things breathe, even if a star has to miss a week or two of TV.

2 Likes

My hot take is that I think that NXT wrestlers no sell too much and kick out too much. Takes away from the big moves.

5 Likes

It’s basically indie style wrestling. Cheap pops is the name of the game.

1 Like

The Bret/Shawn match from WM12 would be better without the Iron Man stip. everything plays out exactly the same as far as “overtime”, but it’s just a 60 minute broadway and not a 0-0 Iron Man match.

3 Likes

I actually think Baron Corbin is a really good heel. Sure i would tweak is character a little bit like giving him new gear that would better match his character and turn the volume to 100 as far as his cockiness is concern and at less have i’m win more big time matches would help him look more like a top star. But right now, they got a really good base as far as heel character is concern and if it was another era, he would have been a mega star by now.

1 Like

A heel actually having heat…what a concept.

1 Like

I can’t stand the fact he goes chicken shit routes to win at times. It’s not his fault he gets go away heat. He’s as tall as Braun but Braun isn’t pinning people after someone else hits a finisher. I want to like the guy but let him just beat people up.

You’re not supposed to like the guy…that’s how it’s supposed to work.

(ME, Saturday) “The Money In The Bank Ladder Match is a great way to build up your future stars. Now who could it be? Ali & Ricochet would be great baby face choices, while Sami would be a great heel choice. Personally I want Andrade to win, but wouldn’t be supprised to see Corbin win…again as WWE is high on him.”

(WWE, Sunday) “Lesnar’s the 8th man! … Bell Rings Mr. Money In The Bank, Brock Lesnar!”

(ME, Monday) “WWE worries about not making new stars, but sacrificed a match where you could create a new star to give a part timer the briefcase!”

2 Likes

But at the same time, look at how it impacted the ratings for both shows, they went up since lesnar won the briefcase. So yeah lesnar won the briefcase that you could have used to help simebody else but at the same time with the lack of mega stars in wwe, it wouldn’t have help anybody in that group because how big of a lasting moment would it have been if let’s say andrade cash in on kofi kingston. Not that big, he would be just another mid carder cashing in on a midcard champ and when he would drop the belt, he would be in the same position he was before winning the title.

1 Like

I agree with this. If Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins are able to successfully defend against Brock when cashes in, that could help propel them to the next level as well, especially in the case of Kofi. In theory, then whoever beats Kofi or Rollins (like an Ali or Ricochet) will have the prestige of beating a champion who is more highly revered… in theory…

2 Likes

My annual gripe that WWE should turn the Memorial Day edition of Raw into a big deal instead of a throwaway episode…

Whether AEW should be considered real competition at this point or not, I feel like you don’t want your first interaction with fans after Double or Nothing to be a three-hour dud. So maybe this is the year?

they kinda have to this year, they do have super showdown coming next week

I don’t understand why anybody can hate on Brock Lesnar as a performer.

1. His matches are all treated like they mean something and are generally pretty entertaining
  2. Wins and losses matter in his matches
  3. He isn’t overexposed on television
  4. He isn’t in one of those oppressive WWE contracts we’ve heard so much about lately
1 Like

My issue is with your first premise. I feel as often as not I don’t find his matches entertaining. They are rarely booked well going in, and you are rarely shocked by the outcome. That is partially due to him not appearing regularly, it doesn’t matter if he wrestles regularly, most top guys should appear less so that their appearances are special.

But if I look at Brocks last 10 matches very few are what I would consider good or entertaining.

1.) Money in the Bank, essentially an angle not a match. It was a surprise to see him, and I’m glad that it seems he won’t be cashing in soon, but hardly a great match by him.

2.) Rollins at mania - not really a match again more of an angle. I hated this as it essentially made Seth look weak needing to cheat to beat Brock, when Seth is the face.

3.) Finn Balor -an entertaining match but I knew Brock was going to win which puts a cap on how good it can be.

4.) Bryan - at Survivor series. Probably his best match recently. Winning or losing seemed a bit up in the air as it was a non-title match. Though I still expected Brock to win.

5.)Strowman at Crown Jewel -again more angle than match and awful.

6-8) all Roman matches - not bad but by the end I was just not interested anymore. He won clean at Mania, no need for 2 more matches between the 2. Matches were OK, but it was mostly just Roman kicking out of finishers.

9.) Strowman and Kaine - nuff said.

10.) AJ styles - good solid match.

So somewhere between 3-5 entertaining matches depending on how you liked the Roman matches (I did not love them)

That’s fair. Agree to disagree on a few of those (loved how they approached the WM match this year), but I guess some of the matches I was thinking about (Rollins/Cena, WM31, Goldberg) are longer ago than I thought.

Yup Goldberg was 2+ years ago, and Cena was around 5 years ago. Most of what I consider Brock’s most memorable matches since his return did not involve the title (only Goldberg 2 had a title involved) He didn’t need it. For me these days most of his matches are a ton of Germans, and F5s. The story can be ok, but it isn’t great anymore.

I feel like Brock either needs to be without a title, he needs a title that is only defended on the Big 4 payper views, not the top Raw or Smackdown title. He then have whomever holds that title be the biggest of big deals, and works just like Brock does now.

The only issue I have is him being champion and not showing up because Raw’s main event was completely dead during that time. Other than that, I think he’s great. As far as monsters go, he’s far ahead of guys like Strowman, McIntyre, Lashley and Lars.

1 Like

As much as I like Mauro Ranallo as he’s arguably one of the better WWE commentators of recent times and calls the actual name of moves, his pop culture references are at times forced and needless.

1 Like