An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

I always felt this way about “old school” as well. All you have to do is move your arm slightly and Taker should fall on his head. A lot of wrestling moves are like this.

Hey, if Jay Leno’s arm wringer can incapacitate Hulk Hogan long enough for all of the media to take a dozen photos, then Taker’s arm wringer must leave you helpless long enough for him to do Old School. It’s science! :joy:

2 Likes

If Scarlett Bordeaux and Penelope Ford were around in the Attitude Era, they would be Sable level superstars.

I don’t think this is an “unpopular opinion.” If anything you are stating a fact. They are very attractive ladies with a bit of an edge who might have been willing to do some light nudity on PPV’s in 1998. Of course they would be as popular as Sable.

I’d like Swerve/Lee to retain the titles against The Acclaimed and I won’t at all be surprised if this is the way they go. I already thought they were great, but this progressive heel turn has put them on another level. Swerve in particular is a great heel and they could do wonders with a long title reign. AEW is my first real experience of both these guys and I now understand the hype around them.

Maybe they could even do a Lex Luger/Sting style reign, where Swerve is a massive heel and Lee is the oblivious face.

1 Like

Tag title reign where the champions hate each other? Better Call Paul!

JD3Xq

I’d put the title on Hangman Page in Cincinnati with a big heel turn and help from The Firm. The Firm beats down Moxley, beats down MJF when he tries to cash in and you’ve got 2 big programs set up for a heel Hangman. When The Elite(hopefully) come back, you got some interesting stuff there and with the remaining Dark Order members.

2 Likes

I think you’re always going to get some criticism for beating the hometown guy like Moxley in Cincinnati… but in this case, that would be AEW paying for WWE’s sins. You do have to be careful in some cases, but it shouldn’t be a hard and fast rule that a guy can’t lose in his hometown, especially if it’s a major city that you’re likely to visit at least once a year.

I think hometown pops are overrated anyway. There are the rare acts that have become closely linked to their hometown like the Road Warriors or Punk in Chicago. And there are some actual ‘hometown heroes’ like Kurt Angle in Pittsburgh or Bret in Canada (the world’s largest hometown). But for the most part, the crowd couldn’t care less about the wrestler in question except for the 10 seconds after the ring announcer says where they’re from.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s totally true, at the Toronto show all the Canadians were over. They were cheering Christian until he started heeling them. They booed Daniel Bryan because Jericho was wrestling and that never happens.

Sami Zayn and KO are so over in Quebec it rivals Austin and the Rock if you ever see it.

That being said I would love to see hangmen win. Another loss for Hnagman sort of makes that character a mid carder

1 Like

R-Truth should be in Hit Row

Nutty reaction

Wendy’s is missing out by not having Big-E in their new commercials. Replace reggie bush guys. Come on.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would “disagree” with that. Maybe some fans would not say it because it’s so random and feel apathy towards it, but I really can’t see any fans having an issue with that statement.

2 Likes

Here is an unpopular opinion I’ve had for awhile.

The Usos are the best tag team in the world.

What they have been able to do with all the limitations in WWE is incredible. They have stayed relevant with incredible in-ring work against every tag team in the company for a decade. With their matches often being the best match on the show on any given night. And are perhaps at their peak right now.

If they were out of WWE they would be ranked as highly as the Young Bucks, FTR and Lucia Bros by the majority of the online fans. Instead it seems like most fans unfairly penalize them for doing what they have done in WWE when obviously those teams could not have lasted or stayed entertaining within the WWE system.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is unpopular either.

Most peoples dream match is YB vs Usos in tag team land

I love the Usos, but their double splash is one of the worst moves in wrestling. It looks like it does more damage to their own knees than anything at all to their opponents.

I love the Usos and I agree, what they are able to do in the WWE within those limitations is incredible! I hope one day we get to see what they are capable of outside of the that system

Uso’s are great, but the problem is that the majority of their career was under Vince - a guy who did not care about tag team wrestling at all.

1 Like

I was thinking about that as both a positive and negative as far as the original statement.

As in, you have to accept that the results are what they are, but do you penalize a quarterback for having good instead of great stats when his head coach was terrible for the first 10 years of his career?

I personally would still put FTR ahead of the Usos, but that’s a matter of preference more than anything. The fact that the Usos stayed relevant for that long was a feat into itself, and now lately, they’ve proven that they were underutilized even as 200 time tag champs under VKM.

I think that Johnny Gargano has done great in this Dexter/Miz storyline.

The storyline is bad and the booking has not been good, but I feel his delivery of the bad lines has been really good and it is getting him over. He has a charisma and a likeability factor that even in this bad story is coming out. You can definitely tell the crowd is getting into him. Even his “middle of the show Raw matches” which usually lead to zero fan response, he’s actually getting a reaction with Johnny Wrestling chants, and we’re not talking hot matches either were talking opponents like The Miz and Corbin.

Once he’s given a bigger spot like he had in NXT I think he’s going to do great on the main roster with Hunter booking.