Anthony Ogogo says he suffered a broken rib, still competing at Double Or Nothing

Originally published at Anthony Ogogo suffers a broken rib, still competing at Double Or Nothing

This coming Sunday at AEW’s Double Or Nothing pay-per-view, Anthony Ogogo will have his first wrestling match on PPV and it will be against Cody Rhodes. Ogogo is a part of The Factory which consists of QT Marshall, Nick Comoroto and Aaron Solow and their group is feuding with The Nightmare Family that Cody is the head of.

Ogogo has had two matches in AEW thus far and is still in training. He spoke with ‘Metro’ ahead of Double Or Nothing and shared that while training recently, he suffered a broken rib.

I’m sitting here now – I’m very, very open and honest, probably too open and honest… But I am who I am, I do what I do. I’ve got a broken rib right now. My rib’s broken because I did a move in training this week. I did it wrong, and I broke a rib. I’m now wrestling Cody, the best wrestler in the world, with a broken rib… And that’s real, that’s not me just saying that. My rib is f***ed!

The Olympic boxer has had several on-screen segments with Rhodes on the lead-up to their pay-per-view match but Double Or Nothing will be the first time they share a ring together in a sanctioned bout.

The match card for Double Or Nothing has rounded out and today, Cody Rhodes hosted a media call to discuss all things AEW and their forthcoming pay-per-view. POST Wrestling has audio from that call which can be heard via the “podcasts” section of the site.

So like…what’s the reason we’re supposed to be rooting for Cody here again?

1 Like