Antonio Inoki provides an update on how he's feeling physically

Originally published at Antonio Inoki provides an update on how he's feeling physically

Antonio Inoki discusses how he’s feeling physically.

During the summer of 2020, Antonio Inoki revealed that in 2018, he was diagnosed with systemic transthyretin amyloidosis, which impairs blood circulation throughout the body. Inoki was hospitalized in 2020 and this year, he green-lit a special to air on cable television in Japan during which he opened up about those health issues.

The 78-year-old Inoki chatted with Tokyo Sports and updated the public on how he’s feeling physically. He said he’s often asked how he’s feeling and all he can say is that he’s fine.

I’m often asked that question, but all I can say is, ‘I’m fine (chuckles).’ I don’t say, ‘I’m not feeling well. There are times when I have trouble sleeping.’

Inoki stated that he was in and out of the hospital repeatedly. He brought up that he couldn’t have certain condiments with his food or take in too much. He credited those who have helped him throughout this process.

I was hospitalized repeatedly… It’s strange that I’m here now, but I’ve been pushed into a very strange situation. I couldn’t take salt in my meals. It makes me swell up. I really can’t take in more than a handful. But the people around me take care of me, and I enjoy the food. I don’t get to go outside much, so I’ve never been hot or cold. Well… in other words, it’s been a good year (smile).

This past September, Inoki was inducted into the Japan Wrestling Hall Of Fame. He was not able to accept the honor in-person so he appeared via video message.