Apollo Crews defends WWE U.S. Title, Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka set for next week's RAW

Originally published at Apollo Crews defends WWE U.S. Title, Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka set for next week's RAW - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

WWE taped more episodes of RAW today at the Performance Center in Orlando and coming out of those tapings, matches were announced for next week’s RAW on the USA Network. On last night’s program, Apollo Crews captured the WWE United States Championship by defeating Andrade. This is Apollo’s first title win since he joined WWE and next week, he’ll have his first title defense against a mystery opponent.

Also, NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair is set to go one-on-one with RAW Women’s Champion Asuka. At WWE’s Backlash pay-per-view on June 17th, Asuka is defending her title against Nia Jax and at NXT TakeOver: In Your House on June 7th, Charlotte Flair is defending her title in a three-way against Rhea Ripley and Io Shirai. Charlotte will be in action this Friday on SmackDown against SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley.

Champion vs. Champion.

Raw Women’s Champion @WWEAsuka is set to battle #WWENXT Women’s Champion @MsCharlotteWWE next Monday on #WWERaw! https://t.co/dxSeLRObDT

— WWE (@WWE) May 26, 2020

.@WWEApollo defends the #USTitle against an opponent of his choosing next Monday on #WWERaw! https://t.co/52PXNDhZ3S

— WWE (@WWE) May 26, 2020

WWE announced during last night’s broadcast that next week on RAW, Seth Rollins will go one-on-one with Aleister Black. To get a recap of last night’s show, head over to the ‘Rewind-A-RAW’ tab in the “podcasts” section of the site.

Am I the only one that thinks Charlotte Flair is out of place since pursuing the NXT Women’s Title?

I mean, I know Charlotte defends it, but I thought if you’re going to a brand, you would just want to stay in one place and not everywhere.

I apologise I don’t watch NXT, but it does sound like Charlotte is not a large part of NXT.

I mean she is the champion and has defended the title twice on the weekly program (or at least had 2 matches) and been involved most weeks. She is a larger part there than she had been on RAW in recent months. I agree on it being an issue with her being on every show. Unless they are going some sort of title consolidation angle where she wins all the belts it is too much.

Charlotte wins the u.s. title from Crews! Book it!!