Are you looking forward to evolution

I wish I was looking forward to it, but I am not.

The build to the big matches have been sooo weak, and I am not sure if this is because of how creative handles the female talent or just WWE’s style and how I have become bored of it.

It is cool to see legends like Trish and Lita return but like the men they can’t get into the habit of relying on them too much. I know the division is a little small and there will be a need to bring them into increase the numbers but aside from Ronda and to a lesser extent Charlotte and now Becky the WWE hasn’t done the greatest job elevating their female talent this year.

Asuka, Naomi, Ruby Riott, have all been under utilized and they are good workers. Sasha was injured but even before she was dropped down. Alexa doesn’t seem threatening anymore with Ronda holding the championship and really needs to be back on Smackdown. Nia was mishandled and seems to turning as much as Braun recently.

Though I am not excited for a single match on the card, I will probably watch it, just to see how WWE will handle it.

I’m fully expecting every woman to hit the ring for a curtain call for the ending

Barf! I really hope not. This is not a women’s evolution at all if they keep breaking character to hug and cry after every match. The only way this works is if there is a big hug between the top heel and babyface at the end of the show like the usual trash after big matches, and then the heel actually stays in character and attacks the face. Once the women get past all of the big celebrations and declarations about how they are just as good as the men, and are actually just treated like part of the show on equal footing as the men, that’s when the evolution, revolution, whatever you want to call it, will have actually occurred.

2 Likes

Men have broken character many times at the end of many Indy big main events and title changes. I See no problem why cant the women do the same. Also after the show is over I don’t see why they can’t come out and wave, bow, hold hands, cry whatever if you go see a Broadway play the cast comes out does the same thing no difference here.

To avoid spoilers it will be up after the Mae Young Semi Finals have aired.

3 Likes

They’ve been quite half assed with putting the show together and promoting the show. It’s as if they expect the show to just sell itself on the fact it’s the first all women’s PPV. Looking forward to Charlotte/Becky but the 2 other matches they’ve promoted are meh.

It is really only being done as an olive branch to placate the dissension from the first Saudi show and no women on it. no coincidence its a week before the second show. so being thrown together and not much thought. too bad a more legitimate show could have gotten some more big play on main stream media.

I’m watching solely for the trainwreck aspect.

But I have confidence in Baszler/Sane and Lynch/Flair being worth the time investment.

And Nikki Bellas in all likely hood, last ever entrance. :cry:

No problem. Thanks!

I don’t like it when men do it either, and men pretty much never do it on WWE TV. I don’t know what happens after the show goes off the air, but while they’re performing and the show is still on, I think they should keep character.

The MYC final match will likely be very good, given who is in it.

Was talking with a buddy of mine and we discussed the idea that with all the effort into creating matches and story for Crown Jewel, the WWE had a golden opportunity to highlight the Women’s division for an entire month building to a major event that would garner great PR. What did they do to build on the main roster (which is all he follows)? The two title matches, a legends match, and throw everyone else into a battle royal which we’ve seen 2x already this year. There was basically no creative put into this show that wouldn’t have taken place for any traditional monthly ppv (i.e. the two title matches). As for NXT and the MYC matches - I’m very much looking forward to those, but for the casual fan (like my buddy who doesn’t watch those shows) - he could care less. Instead he wants to know why they bury Sasha, make Bayley look pathetic, and why Asuka was ever a big deal in the first place. He’s got valid points

1 Like

yeah, That’S kind of the thing with this show in a nutshell. When they announce it back in august, they made a huge deal out of it for one week, then they pretty much drop the ball on the promotion all together. They try to get fans interesting in the show by promoting Trish’s return to the ring when tickets went on sell which didn’t work because almost nobody bought ticket for the show based on that match and it wasn’t until the Ronda vs nikki match was announce that ticket sales pick up.

The biggest thing is that they had a lot of show to promote in a short period of time. In the last month alone that had to promote super showdown, Evolution and crowd jewel, that’s a lot of big event to promote in a month, So evolution took a back seat. So now, all you have really for fans like me and other casual fans that only watch the main roster stuff is the 2 title matches and the legend match. Everything else feel like filler. I’m happy that Sasha and co where able to get a match on the card instead of being lump in with everybody else on the roster but personally, i could care less about the MYC final, NXt title match or even the NXT UK title match if that match is still on because they are WWE product that i don’t follow.

How many Shield vs. Dogs of War segments did we need?
How many 3 word promos by the Undertaker did we need?

It’s comical to me that they want to push a show about Women’s evolution and yet don’t give them the TV time to get over or have storylines. It’s an insult to the concept. And when the concept doesn’t prove out they’ll abandon it (like the CWC), and its a self-fulfilling outcome.

2 Likes