Are you ordering Forbidden Door?

Obviously you should not do it, but if you want to really get technical about this, it is his gimmick. He doesnt give a fuck.

Why dont we also ask the question…why do guys CONSTANTLY try to reach the title from rungs that there is no possible way that they can ever reach the title or object from? Is that not more stupid than a guy just portraying his gimmick? To me, that just shows that these guys are fucking morons. It doesnt make it any more dramatic because they are reaching up for something.

I’m not sure I can but I also can’t explain why when your in WWE do you lose the ability to climb ladders completely. They climb ladders like I run in my dreams (my legs dont work).

I enjoy his stick, but then I actually think hes a great wrestler and when he breaks his gimmick and gets serious its excellent. Shame you cant enjoy it Alex, I feel youre missing out. I think you should give him another shot and ignore the sillyness.

He is quite talented when he tries. I can definitely see the pop for that and the few times I’ve watched him I do get into that part. I shouldn’t take life so seriously lol

2 Likes

I believe the commentators have on occasion explained Orange Cassidy’s shtick as “playing mind games on his opponents”. I love the guy and think he’s better than he was on the indies. But I also love Zach Sabre Jr.

21 flavours and all that…

I’m going to order.

To be fair, this show has been cursed and I feel like they’ve done with a very condensed build.

It’s a no for me

I don’t want to be a complainer but I think the card is clunky and the build sucked. I do think it will be entered for those who drop the $$$ to watch.

1 Like

What does the poster mean by politics? I haven’t been following that closely.

AAA wouldn’t let them use talent on the show

And we all assume there must of been a lot of negotiating with finishes and who would be eating pins. The four-way for the title seems like a good example.

2 Likes

Gotcha, makes sense.

This was a great thread @Alex_Patel

Also, everyone who said no, I look forward to your feedback tonight :yum:

Happy Forbidden Door Day f/k/a All In (been thinking calling it All In 2 woulda been better for the build. Same concept show, and just as much a build as All In which didn’t seem too disliked back then).

2 Likes

I feel like this will be a WWE PPV experience

-you are hoping for a great line up, get less than that
-matches hugely over deliver

I think it will have good wrestling. It’s not their fault it didn’t work out as planned. However the politics (ie main event 4 way so Adam cole types can eat a pin) and injuries have made it a shell of itself.

In a lot of ways it’s like the MSG show for NJPW. People bought into that expecting Omega etc didn’t get the big stars. It was still fun show, but it wasn’t as groundbreaking and you could get really cheap tickets leading up to the show as people had buyers remorse

Pretty much same thing here - there are five bucks tickets all over the place now and it feels less epic.

That being said I fully expect the show to deliver in terms of in ring product

4 Likes

So random thought heading into the show tonight…

Any possibility that Bryan’s hand chosen opponent for ZSJ is Regal?

I mean, stylistically it would be great. I can see him doing this and Blood and Guts, and fitting right in.

He’s not a major debut, but I can’t see any fans complaining about him being the mystery opponent?

Thoughts?

1 Like

On tik tok the rumours are that it’s Cesaro. I have no idea if that’s legitimate though.

That’s the leading rumoured name everybody has been saying.

I’m just throwing Regal out there because it falls under everything Bryan stated in his hype about him. Plus he’s already under contract. And given the short notice on the change, it feels easier to see him doing it than another possible debut.

I’d love Claudio / Cesaro for sure. I’m just thinking of other possibilities of the same level.

2 Likes

Judging by what Regal said on Jerichos podcast, I think he is done in ring. Regal being the surprise tonight would be a disappointment IMO. Zero chance this happens.

Cesaro is the logical choice

Fair enough. I wasn’t sure what exactly his medical status was.

I thought it could be an alternate idea.

Again, Claudio is my hope. But thinking of other people who fit Bryan’s build up.

Gargano is the only other option to me, although he doesn’t fit in with BPCC well

Yeah, agreed. And that’s why I go to Regal as the only “other” option.

Regal seems pretty fragile. I really wish he could still go bc he’s not that old but the last few years have been unkind to him.

1 Like

“Sources say” it’s actually Daniel Bryan who will be replacing Bryan Danielson

3 Likes