Ariane Andrew Making Her Return To In-Ring Action For The First Time In Four Years

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/02/ariane-andrew-making-her-return-to-in-ring-action-for-the-first-time-in-four-years/

It has been nearly four years since Ariane Andrew, formerly known as Cameron has wrestled. Her last match took place at a WWE live event in March of 2016 when she teamed up with Naomi and Tamina to take on Sasha Banks, Alicia Fox and Paige. After several years away from the squared circle, Ariane is making her return to the ring on WrestleMania 36 weekend in Tampa, Florida for EFFY’s ‘Big Gay Brunch’ show on April 4th.

“The Bitch is back”

And better than ever!@ArianeAndrew fka Cameron
makes her return to the ring at #EFFYSBIGGAYBRUNCH

🎟👇https://t.co/jQMParxLYh pic.twitter.com/5ut3bm9pGG

— EFFY (@EFFYlives) January 3, 2020

Ariane released a video in May of 2019 and said she was not done with wrestling and was planning on making her return. During an interview with Ring The Belle in January of 2019, Ariane had the following to say about a potential return while she was speaking about a move she was working into her arsenal when she ventured back to NXT from the main roster:

“You know I had to do the regular DDT when people can’t base me because that one requires a group effort. I just felt that it was very flashy and cute and I actually had came up with another finisher when I was down in NXT as my comeback — no you guys didn’t get to see that, but maybe you guys will in the future. I may have an announcement to possibly make. Who knows what it’s about? Hmm, to possibly, maybe come back in WWE. I don’t know, maybe. But I don’t know, who’s to say? I don’t know.”

Ariane was released from WWE in May of 2016 shortly after she decided to return to NXT to improve her in-ring skills. Come April 4th, it will have been four full years since she has competed in a sanctioned wrestling match and the former Funkadactyl joins Cassandro and Razor Ramon H.G. as talents booked for EFFY’s WrestleMania week show.