ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Alex from Minneapolis

1. Do you know if New Japan ever tried bringing Chris Hero in or was he simply just loyal to NOAH?

2. Who are some MMA commentators you guys think would thrive in calling Bloodsport events? I know before things got canceled Max Bretos and Ken Shamrock had been announced to call Bloodsport 3. Jimmy Smith even said On IG Live a few months ago that he was in talks to call one of the past Bloodsport shows as well

1 Like

Chris Thunder from Down Under

What is AEW’s mask policy for wrestlers in attendances as fans?

Seems like they don’t have one because on the July 23rd edition on Dynamite the showed the face section with 5 wrestlers, only Pineapple Pete had a mask on but was using it as a beard guard.

For a company that seems to be on the front foot on social issues it just baffles me with the known medical knowledge of Covid-19.

Hey guys. Michael from Newfoundland currently living in Korea.

I have a question about the dirt sheets.

How accurate do you think the dirt sheets are considering that the WWE often tries to mislead and swerve the internet fans?

Thanks for all of the podcasts guys.

1 Like

Tenese from GA

With each oh their partners injured who do you believe will have a better chance at breaking out as a singles star? Big E or SHO?

Thanks for all the great content.

A question for each of you regarding interests outside of POST:

— Wai, I enjoyed your appearance on the Geek Top Five podcast. When workshopping a story, you more than held your own with people who work in the TV and comic book businesses.
As a creative person, have you ever had ambitions in the comic book field? Which character or characters would you choose to write for?

— John, what do you think was the silliest Dallas storyline? I imagine Pam Ewing’s 31-episode dream would be the answer for many. Certainly up there was “fake Jock” appearing as a guy named Ben during the dream season and then coming back “for real” as Wes the next year. Shouldn’t Pam have recognised him from her dream?

If you consider none of it silly, maybe a favourite or most memorable story or moment…

All the best, guys.

1 Like

Thank you for all the content, been very appreciated being able to catch-up with some recent long workdays. Shout out to a prescient Wai who called out that Randy could bring back the punt at the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever on the Wrestlemania 31 Rewind a Wai.

Question: It is possible for a user to put the Patron-only podcast feed on Spotify? Or does it only work with Apple Podcasts?

Thanks,
Will in Chicago

1 Like

Edward Archer here.

In early 2019, I was listening to Ariel Helwani on Sportsnet’s The Lede podcast with Jeff Blair and Stephen Brunt. When Ariel brought up an interview with Dana White after UFC 106, with Dana calling him “one of the best interviewers in MMA…”, Ariel mentioned to Stephen that he couldn’t believe Dana “put me over on camera”. Stephen responded by saying “ahh yes, great wrestling term there.”

I got a huge pop from Stephen Brunt, renowned sports writer and author in Canada, knowing any wrestling terms in general, so that leads to my questions for you guys.

1. What’s the strangest/most random place you’ve heard someone bring up insider wrestling terms before?
  2. While audiences for any wrestling show are way down from their heyday, do you think the main insider terms (heel, babyface, put over, get the heat, etc.) are much more prevalent then they’ve ever been?

Cheers and talk soon!

1 Like

Spotify doesn’t seem to currently allow manual addition of individual RSS feeds. You’ll need to use a different app that does, such as Apple Podcasts or PocketCasts.

I would recommend Podcast Addict, it’s a great tool for RSS Feed catchers.

John, Wai, what is your relationship with Jason Agnew post-LAW?

Hello long time listener since 2013 and I am wondering what is Wai ting favorite rock band ? Saliva ? Lol and john do you ever see ring of honor ever being great again ? Since the elite left the promotion I stopped watching

1 Like

Nick from the Motor City

With the addition of the KOPW stuff (I’ll assume you have talked about how you feel about this already, so I won’t add questions about it here), I have a few title questions

1. Do you think the US title ever comes back to Japan? Even though Moxley cant defend it in the US for NJPW, the title seems like a perfect opportunity to keep the title as a title to defend on their new weekly show, Strong. Maybe have Moxley relinquish it have make that the main title for that show. Would give people a reason to watch the show. Maybe have the title defended at WK every year.

2. Do you think NJPW is starting to have too many titles? Im wondering more and more about what’s going to happen with all of the NEVER titles, 6 man titles, etc. I think its a good time to clean up some of the forgotten titles.

Phil from West Virginia

Hey guys! I don’t even know how either of you could narrow this down but what is the most “I can’t believe this is something that made the air” thing you have ever seen in covering professional wrestling? Could be something you’ve seen in your time covering week to week/year to year or something you’ve went back and watched on YouTube/streaming service, etc. You guys are killing it as always.

1 Like

Joe from Vienna, Austria:

Hey guys, any book recommendations you can give about pro wrestling journalism?

PEOPLE, Please stop asking this question, they don’t want to discuss it.

5 Likes

Jack from Vejle, DK.

I know this has been asked, even by me but go with it.

Wrestlemania abroad surely has to be on the cards next year. The US is handling this probably worse than anyone else, and you might expect a country like Australia for example to be back to full capacity by April. If they don’t want to lose the gate of a Mania, surely now is the time to commit to an Australia/German/Other safer country Mania. Wondered about your thoughts on this.

2nd Question, There have been some rumours about Vince buying Sunderland FC in England. What do you think about this and the likelihood of this happening in the wake of the XFL failure.

1 Like

Branavan from Ajax/Bruhavan from YouTube

In the past John has mentioned that he is a fan of Martin Scorsese, my question is that what are you guys favorite gangster movies? Doesn’t have to be mafia. Mine are The Godfather Part II and Once Upon A Time In America.

Jordan from Kitchener,

Greetings fellas, John, I was listening to Rewind-a-Raw, the one after you got back from a mini-vacation and had me wondering what did a young John Pollock read when he was younger? Was it all wrestling biographies.

1 Like

Phil from The Bronx,

Hey guys I’m a huge fan of your show and been listening to since the Fight Network days. My question is this: what is the best and worst wrestling match you’ve ever seen live? Thanks and keep up the phenomenal work.

1 Like

Andrew from Cape Breton

First, a scenario. John and Wai get a huge winfall of money. During this time, Anthem gets in touch with both and are looking to sell the Live Audio Wrestling Library and trademarks. Questions from this.

a) Do you purchase it?
b) If not, why not?
c) If you did purchase it, what would you do with it?