ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Hearing former NXT and WWE talent that languished backstage despite exceptionally gifted in-ring performers speaking out about their experiences within WWE and how unaware the creative staff are of what is happening on any other show aside from RAW and Smackdown… Why would anyone that can work want to resign from WWE and risk getting shelved, or displaced?

Hearing Athena retell her experiences in NXT 2.0 with the staff pressuring women to wear more revealing ring gear and sexualize their presentation is incredibly disheartening and just further proves the lack of representation for women in WWE.

Jordan from Kitchener,

Any thoughts on an podcast on F1 from you two in the future? Has this new love entice you to get the f1 2022 video game that drops this summer?

What is your favorite Power Rangers season?

1 Like

Fairus from Malaysia,

I love the F1 talk from both of you, especially from a casual fan standpoint coming from a follower of this sport. From Drive to Survive, which driver’s story arc is your favourite? Mine would be Danny Ric’s switching teams and Gasly’s redemption.

Imran from Huddersfield

On a recent Rewind-A-Raw, John mentioned how Randy Orton came close to being let go on a few occasions in his younger days - which I think is an interesting thing to think about, as to me, Randy is probably one of the more architypal WWE wrestlers, with his slower more methodical style, so with that in mind - how do you think he would have done outside of the WWE system? And what is an opponent/dream match you’d like to see for him of someone outside WWE.

You’re both often asked for book recommendations, and non-fiction seems to be the clear preference for your reading habits. Any novels (of any genre) spring to mind that you’ve enjoyed?

Brian in New Jersey.

My question stems from the most recent Rewind-A-Smackdown. What would you say is the last thing you saw on a wrestling show that made you laugh in bewilderment (“what the f am I watching!?”), prior to the debut of Max DuPRI?

1 Like

Anthony from Detroit

Wrestling has taught us that men in suits are heels, from the horsemen to Vince. Do you think the suit is holding Cody back from being a monster baby face?

Chris Elliot

Who do you guys think has a harder job? Excaliber doing his card rundown or Crofty’s race intro and grid line up?

Thoughts on the She-Hulk trailer?

(Sorry if this has been covered already? I don’t think there’s been an MCU Later since it dropped)

Salutations my fellow Canadian brothers been a minute since we spoke I have a question that I’ve been meaning to ask you. Please give me a chance I beg of you at the Mercury of the court. Help me out help a homie out please hear me out ok I’m a little nervous……my question is

-do you think Gerald Cotton faked his death to keep all the crypto he stole from QuadragaCX?

Mad love all day my brothers

Brandonfrmnj

Hey guys, curious to get your take. Steve Austin has famously said over the years that if a wrestler doesn’t have a desire to be world champion, he has no business a wrestler. I don’t know if he was speaking in kayfabe, but I totally get what he’s saying. Every athlete, in wrestling; MMA; etc, should have the want or drive to be the best at what they do. Do you agree or disagree with this sentiment? Does this still apply today in a world where kayfabe is dead and buried?

Brandon from Oshawa

What is the deal with Rick Martel? We have never seen him come back to do a special guest appearance. I know he isnt a huge name, but i was always a fan and i think he would be someone fun to pop up and do segments with Max Dupri and his Maximum Male Models.

Nas

More than any questions, just want to say that I have just been loving your F1 talk. I’ve been following the sport for nearly 25 years now. Highly recommend the Senna documentary.

Very short story. F1’s former Chief Executive was British businessman Bernie Eccleston until it was acquired by Liberty Media in 2017. This is a man who in the past has praised Hitler in 2009 (not kidding), made racist and sexist comments such ‘black people are more racist than white people’ and ‘women don’t want responsibility’. He disparaged social media for years and blamed younger fans for flailing popularity in F1 in the 2010s. Similar to what Vince McMahon is doing to WWE, Bernie held back the sport for many years by refusing to embrace change and ran the sport like we were still in the 1980s.

However since the acquisition the new owners has completely flipped the script and the sport is booming now worldwide as you can see for yourself.

Just to tie this back to pro wrestling, do you foresee a similar mainstream boom for WWE if they were ever acquired by a media company such as Disney or Comcast?

I don’t usually watch Raw but John’s tweet that the last 30 minutes of Rewind-a-Raw this week was all F1 got me to tune in. Any chance you guys would consider a F1 recap show? I would absolutely listen. And you should call it F1 POST Position.

2 Likes

Last thing you regretted buying?

Studying more into the different styles of Japanese Puroresu, how would you explain the differentiation between Strong Style and King’s Road? Also in that All Japan era, why do you think Akira Taue is not as highly regarded in the general conversation as the other three pillars?

Thanks!

Roy from Rhode Island,

One of the notable developments with Post over the last year or more has been the steady addition of more contributors like Karen, Andrew, Brandon, Nate etc. Each of these have brought their unique perspectives, which still feeling like a natural extension of Post.

Beyond the standard things that would be required of any such role with any outlet (competency, reliability, etc), could you talk a little bit about what you’re looking for when you consider bringing people into the Post fold?

Luk from Quebec!

Do you remember the first match you’ve seen from each major promotion? It’s a bit hard for WWE since it goes way back, but in my case, my first TNA match was Petey Williams vs AJ Styles, and my first NJPW match was Kota Ibushi vs Nakamura

1 Like

Shaun from Manchester, England

Hi, what are the chance of a second podcast day? I really enjoyed the first one last year

1 Like