ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Chris from Virginia

With the popularity of both companies growing, have you guys considered starting a weekly ROH and New Japan podcast?

1 Like

Terry from Colorado.

If you guys had to stop doing one of the shows which one would it be and why?

Imran from Huddersfield

Where do you think Edge ranks in terms of post-2000 WWE Stars. Is he one of the best or just below? And what did you like most and least about him as a performer?

Wai, please review the last Lego set you purchased.

1 Like

Book the main events of the following in 2019 and then forecast down the road to 2022.

Main event of Wrestlemania, Wrestle Kingdom, Final Battle.

Keep up the great work boys!

I wanted to ask why you avoided questions on the last Ask a Wai? Mine was a straight forward question that got ignored and someone else asked about your relationship with Sunday Night Main Event which I was intrigued to know the answer to

Disappointed they ignored this. I wanted to know the answer. I’ve asked for the next one why ignored it

Question for John - Aqua, are you taking the piss?

Question for John, will Pollocktics ever return? I have watched them on YouTube and they are terrific.

John, Wai, describe yourselves in one word. :wink:

1 Like

Curious if either of you two watch Lucha Underground, and have any thoughts on the current product. How do you feel about the concept/wrestling?

We had some issues during recording and ended up answering a number of questions that were already answered last month. I must’ve accidentally edited yours and the Husker Du answer out of the waveform. Here’s the edited audio: https://instaud.io/2ooP. That said, sometimes questions are asked that we’ll pass on if we don’t feel comfortable answering them at this moment. Hope you understand.

4 Likes

I’ve always wondered this about New Japan and wondering if you guys have any insight on this… in New Japan, Callis has stated that he doesn’t get a ton of direction for commentating, and he was a large part in crafting the story of Omega vs Okada. I always wondered if the Japanese commentators were on the same page or if they had an entirely different story they were telling. For Omega/Okada, the english story of Kenny going up against the world’s best, ultimately getting the better of him and winning, and with Okada perhaps the story of the world’s best have his title slowly slip away from him?

Or am I thinking way too much about this?

A little game of Likely/Unlikely for you guys…

In the next 10 years, WWE/NJPW have a crossover event?

One or both of Okada & Naito will join WWE before they retire?

By 2025, WWE owns Impact Wrestling?

Velveteen Dream will win the WWE Championship?

Owen Hart will be in the WWE Hall of Fame in the next 5 years?

An MCU film will win Best Picture at the Oscars by 2025?

Either X-Men or Fantastic 4 characters will team up with The Avengers by 2025?

1 Like

Will from Toronto here

I recall you saying that you worked in a movie theatre. I currently manage at one and deal with some crazy guests. Everything from being punched and spat on to finding people flat out doing it in a theatre, so my question for you is what is the craziest thing you had to deal with in a movie theatre.

I would like to know whether you think that the NWO was a premediated attempt by Bischoff to move to a more “realistic” approach to storylines? If so, I wonder if you knew how that came about considering the cartoonish stuff of the Dungeon of Doom and that chamber monstrosity were not that much before? Or was the NWO (and ratings into the stratosphere) something he stumbled onto and then ran with?

By the time you answer this the World Cup will be over and John Pollock’s pick - England - will be basking in the glory of lifting the famous trophy!

But sport keeps moving forward and in 8 short years the World Cup will be coming to Canadian shores, together with Mexico and the US.

Toronto is a candidate host city. Do you guys have any interest in attending… or interest in general?

2 Likes

Chris from the Jersey Shore.

What were you guys thoughts on Mr. Kennedy looking back. He’s a really interesting figure to me because when the Cena era started to takeover back then, my interest in most of the current guys at the time was waning but he was a breath of fresh air. He was super over with this routine, seemed like he was a future star, even won the MITB briefcase. A misdiagnosed injury led him to drop the briefcase, and then a wellness failure lead them to cancel the Illegitimate son storyline that was designed for him. He was one of the rare cases of a guy leaving WWE, and there not even being a rumbling of his return or fan interest in one over the last 10 years. One of the better “what could have beens” in recent memory.

For years it was sting, but now, who do you consider to be the biggest star, never to have had a run in the wwe/wwf?

Thoughts on having Hiromu Takahashi and KUSHIDA in the G1 next year?