ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Andrew from Cape Breton

How do you get sources within WWE or within other companies? Do you previously have a relationship with that person? Is there a person that directly deals with journalists? I guess maybe this question can be a discussion about getting and maintaining sources.

John, you’ve talked before about your trusty stopwatch used to time matches. What do you do during multi-segment matches? Does this mean you watch the full commercials to get the most accurate time? If so, you truly are the hero we all need!

Hey guys,

Do you think the UFC will make it through the ESPN deal with their current PPV structure of 12 PPV’s a year for $65 each? At some point, it’s seems like they’ll have to lower the price for “lesser” ppv’s, or maybe offer a Fight Pass tier where some ppv’s are included. With one of the last big ppv draws (Canelo) going exclusively to DAZN, it’s seems like ppv is becoming more and more obsolete.

I’m writing this the day after WWE confirmed the Saudi Arabia show is going ahead. WWE has a history of questionable decisions, however, I feel this is possibly the most morally bankrupt decision they’ve made. Do you remember anything more reprehensible that they’ve done in the past, or is this really a new low?

Hey guys I just bought my ticket to Wrestle Kingdom and am thinking of attending the Rizin New Year’s Eve show. I was wondering for Wai if you have any tips: where to go, places to eat, general? Thanks and keep up awesome work.

Also with the trade of Demetrius Johnson to One and Ben Askren to the UFC, in your ideal world which trade would you make in pro wrestling?

Thanks keep up the great work!!

Hi, when a big news story involving wrestling or mixed martial arts, such as the Saudi Arabia situation,happens, is there a part of you that is intrigued to investigate and speak about a situation far bigger than usual?

Was the choice for Sara del Rey to become a coach her choice? Did wwe not see her as on screen talent?

I feel earthquake deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Fairus from Malaysia

With the success of WWE Evolution, do you see a weekly all-woman show on WWE Network in the near future? Also, do you see more in ring-heavy programming on the network?

Brandon from Oshawa
2 more questions

John, what are your early thoughts on Riverdale so far and do you plan on watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix, which is set in the same universe and has potential for crossovers?

For both of you, if you could watch a WWE event at any arena/stadium in the world, that you haven’t already, which one would you choose?

1 Like

Wai, I’ve noticed that you utilize some very important improvisational skills. What sort of improv background do you have?

Guillaume from Québec City

Do you remember the first time you went to a movie theatre? What movie did you watched?

Merci

Jared from Ottawa.

Michael Cole has been the A commentator for WWE for close to 20 years, but its hard for me to think of many matches or moments that his commentary elevated. What do you guys see his WWE legacy being? Are there any match calls of his that have really stuck with you?

Thanks for all the content you guys produce.

My question is for John.

How come you never talk about your Polish background? I never see any kind of Polish pride coming from you.

I even remember you saying you wanted England to win the world cup. Why would you not say Poland? Why do you want to visit Ireland and not Poland?

I know you have mentioned being Polish before when talking about your last name but that was pretty much it.

Does Samoa Joe have the best hair of all time?

Chase from L.A.

What do you guys think of EVOLVE seemingly becoming the “AA” to NXT’s “AAA” when it comes to WWE developmental following the events of EVOLVE 114 Sunday night? It seems to be a divisive issue among the EVOLVE fanbase, with some lamenting the idea that the promotion is becoming more and more tied in with WWE.

And what do you think of WWE’s ever-expanding plans to partner with promotions around the world as entry points to markets? We’ve already seen it with PROGRESS and ICW leading to NXT UK, and now it’s seemingly happening in Germany with a new partnership with wXw and the reports that WWE wants to open an NXT Germany brand. And then you have Hunter’s pitch to investors about NXT offshoots in East Asia and the Middle East. How many sub-brands can WWE possibly support?

Ari from Montreal
With the recent signing of Chelsea Green (Zack Ryders significant other), Britt Baker appearing (Adam Coles significant other) Ray Rowe (sarah logans significant other) do you guys see Dionna Purrazo significant other everyones favorite villian making his way to wwe sooner than later?

Why did you choose to not display the monthly pledges you’re getting from Patreon? :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

You alluded to ‘tension’ on a previous Ask-a-Wai between you and the former LAW hosts. Has that been resolved? Is there any chance we will hear you together again? What can you tell us about this situation a year on without getting salacious.

I love my new POST t shirt! Thanks!

Daley

RHLSTP!

Right?!