ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

John, as someone who has watched Larry Hagman as JR Ewing growing up, were you also a fan of the other show Larry was best known for in “I Dream of Jeannie”? I grew up on that show on syndication, and I preferred his character as Major Nelson. It truly brought out his befuddled, comedic nature which shows how great of an actor he was by having such variety in his roles.

Roy from Rhode Island,

Which do you feel was more detrimental (relatively) to their respective companies- Triple H’s stranglehold on the world heavyweight championship from 2002-2005 or Jeff Jarrett’s stranglehold on the nwa world title in the early years of TNA?

I would lean toward Jarrett given WWE had a parallel world title to fall back on, and the conclusion of Triple H’'s reigns solidified Batista as a top star.

While it’s on my mind: who’s your favourite all-time Bullet Club member that wasn’t one of the leaders?

Hi guys! I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while now. In 2001/2002 I fell out of wrestling, but was aware of NWA-TNA forming with former performers from the major 3 promotions. I don’t recall the buzz or reporting, positive or negative, around this new promotion. So my question is, was the early TNA’s buzz was as intense or positive as AEW’s buzz was from Late 2018 to the debut in October 2019.

Jesse from the 6

What’s your favourite Beatles album? (If you have one.)

Take Care

1 Like

Anthony from Melbourne

As someone who can ramble on a question or feedback I find your ability to read feedback and filter out the bullshit to make it shorter at the same time amazing and all while simultaneously interacting with each other and probably live producing the show.

Have you both always had this ability or has it improved over time? Do you have any tips?

John, I used apple podcast app back when it was good and know you have tried a few different apps since its downfall; what app did you settle on for your podcast needs and why?

Imran from Huddersfield

What is next for Triple H? What do you see him doing in the WWE / industry over the next year or two.

With news of UFC increasing ppv prices, do you see WWE ever charging for ppvs again or can the toothpaste not be put back into the tube? Would it even be beneficial for them or is it more of a decision of the media rights holder?

With the ascension of Braun Breaker, what are the chances the Steiner Brothers go into the WWE HOF this year?

Sal from California

First, I just want to say that I love the daily news updates. Every afternoon, I go on a walk and listen to the news show. It’s a fun routine that I’ve come to look forward to.

My question is:

Since it’s been a few years now, where do you think the Okada/Omega rivalry ranks? Is it the greatest rivalry of all time?

Luk from Quebec

I don’t think I’ve heard you guys talking about this on any of the news updates, so I wanted to ask your thoughts on the infamous Nia Jax tweet recently where she mentioned knowing a lot of performers getting fake vaccine cards from doctors in order to keep performing without getting vaccinated? To me I feel like this is a serious criminal offense that should be looked into more and I’m a bit surprised it didn’t make the news more, you’d think WWE would want to look into this for the safety of their performers?

Hey guys, love all the shows and the daily news updates. Keep up the great work.

The lackluster mens Royal Rumble this year showed the lack of true title contenders in WWE. I agree with John’s sentiment that AEW should not mimic this format BUT, if they did one with the same exact format and all, think of all the viable performers who could have a real shot and story coming out of it.

The young four pillars of course, the NXT/WWE crew of Cole Oreilly Punk Mox Malakai Black Andrade Danielson Jericho, up and comers like Wardlow or Powerhouse Hobbs, randos like Scorpio Sky or Ricky Starks, returns like Fenix or Omega, Forbidden Door entrants like Ishii or Jay White, and god forbid even HOOK. How would you fantasy book an AEW Rumble with a prize of a world title shot in the main event of Double or Nothing?

Hey John & Wai,

I have read a lot of hype this week about Keith Lee and multiple people saying he jumped right to the front of the line as the likely first Black AEW Champion. This surprised me a bit having never watched his work in NXT. I wondered if you agreed with this statement or if you had a different opinion on the subject?

Thank you!

Hi fellows, I find myself wondering lately about the ongoing changes in John’s background/ work environment. I liked the black and red pattern, but it disappeared mysteriously I think, and was replaced by a beautiful array of wrestling merchandise and books. What was the reason for this change? Also, is there a story behind the Wrestling With Shadows poster? Is it connected to John’s documentary about Bret hart for the Fite network? Finally, I find it hard to concentrate on what John says with this huge John Cena figure in the background, with or without a bucket on its head. Is John a Cena fan? I know it’s more than one question but I just had to get that out. Thanks and happy mania season.

Brandon from Oshawa

Its 2032, which of these scenarios is most likely…

Hook vs Dominick Mysterio in the opening match of Wrestlemania 48

Or

Hook vs Dominick Mysterio for the AEW World Title in the main event of All Out

1 Like

Anthony from Detroit

When Raw moves from USA network to Syfy, it’s expected and accepted that the ratings will take it a hit. Why? AEW’s ratings seem to stay the same if they switch from TNT to TBS or when shows change time slots. What does that say about the WWE product that a segment of fans won’t bother searching the show out if it isn’t on USA?

Thank you!

Hi John & Wai,

Thank you for all the hard work, you, and the fantastic work you both produce are the reasons I am still connected to wrestling in any form, so thank you again

Totally understand if you have answered these via the various podcasts you have done so you can easily pass through these if you have. Also you can happily leave these until last, incase someone needs to skip through your answers for spoilers :roll_eyes:

Main question for you both, what did you both think of the Marvel adverts from the Super Bowl / “The Big Game”? :smile:

John, have you been able to catch up on Hawkeye, and what did you think of it?

Wai, Even though you concentrate on the MCU, is there anything this year that excites you that is upcoming from DC this year?

David from Aberdeen

Alexander from Portland

I really enjoy your year-end likely/unlikely predictions so I thought I’d throw a few your way. Are the following things more likely or unlikely for 2022?

• Omos wins a singles championship
  • NXT 2.0 changes its format/presentation
  • Kazuchika Okada wrestles in America

With basically six weeks to Wrestlemania, I have a question regarding Corbin. What is Corbin’s dream match opponent for this year’s WrestleMania? Each season you two are very down on the prospect of seeing him attached to ANYONE on the card, but just like “Hogan must pose” Corbin MUST be on WrestleMania. Regardless of brand or stipulation, who would you pair him with to have the best possible match.

Roy from Rhode Island

If one of Post’s Executive Producers asked you to choose their Rewind-a-Wai episode, under the condition that the episode had to be about a specific feud (similar to your Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho episode), what are some candidates you’d go to?

2 Likes