ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Nas

More than any questions, just want to say that I have just been loving your F1 talk. I’ve been following the sport for nearly 25 years now. Highly recommend the Senna documentary.

Very short story. F1’s former Chief Executive was British businessman Bernie Eccleston until it was acquired by Liberty Media in 2017. This is a man who in the past has praised Hitler in 2009 (not kidding), made racist and sexist comments such ‘black people are more racist than white people’ and ‘women don’t want responsibility’. He disparaged social media for years and blamed younger fans for flailing popularity in F1 in the 2010s. Similar to what Vince McMahon is doing to WWE, Bernie held back the sport for many years by refusing to embrace change and ran the sport like we were still in the 1980s.

However since the acquisition the new owners has completely flipped the script and the sport is booming now worldwide as you can see for yourself.

Just to tie this back to pro wrestling, do you foresee a similar mainstream boom for WWE if they were ever acquired by a media company such as Disney or Comcast?

I don’t usually watch Raw but John’s tweet that the last 30 minutes of Rewind-a-Raw this week was all F1 got me to tune in. Any chance you guys would consider a F1 recap show? I would absolutely listen. And you should call it F1 POST Position.

2 Likes

Last thing you regretted buying?

Studying more into the different styles of Japanese Puroresu, how would you explain the differentiation between Strong Style and King’s Road? Also in that All Japan era, why do you think Akira Taue is not as highly regarded in the general conversation as the other three pillars?

Thanks!

Roy from Rhode Island,

One of the notable developments with Post over the last year or more has been the steady addition of more contributors like Karen, Andrew, Brandon, Nate etc. Each of these have brought their unique perspectives, which still feeling like a natural extension of Post.

Beyond the standard things that would be required of any such role with any outlet (competency, reliability, etc), could you talk a little bit about what you’re looking for when you consider bringing people into the Post fold?

Luk from Quebec!

Do you remember the first match you’ve seen from each major promotion? It’s a bit hard for WWE since it goes way back, but in my case, my first TNA match was Petey Williams vs AJ Styles, and my first NJPW match was Kota Ibushi vs Nakamura

1 Like

Shaun from Manchester, England

Hi, what are the chance of a second podcast day? I really enjoyed the first one last year

1 Like

What is the next movie you are looking forward to watching?

It’s like 10 years too late lol, but I plan on watching iron man next week.

1 Like

Imran from Huddersfield

Do you view yourselves as influencers? And if you do to what extent? I ask this because after all the F1 chat of late - it’s clear that there’s been a few people on here that have looked into the sport based on your opinions - including myself - and I’ve never really been into it despite my brother talking about it quite often (yes - I value both of your opinions over my own brothers…)

Also, with this in mind - do you take into consideration the sorts of things you will discuss/praise on the show? And now that you’re both mega influencers - when are we getting the PostWrestling TikTok?!

1 Like

How did you pick the clips for the opening to Rewind A Wai? Do they have specific meanings? The only one that sticks out to me is the Vince McMahon clip talking about Scott Putski because of the awards you used to give out.

1 Like

With Wai amazing news of becoming a father.

Are there some typical dad shows on tv or streaming that you think you will enjoy?

Dad shows are about real men with real-man problems

1 Like

Steve from Virginia

I haven’t watched New Japan since The Elite left. I remember a jacked up young lion people were calling the Japanese Brock Lesnar. I don’t remember his name and haven’t seen him turn up anywhere else. What ever happened to him?

With all the Vince news, there have been some bizarre speculation about the future. One I have heard was “If this leads to a WWE sale, is it possible Tony Khan would buy?” This is not my question, I personally think this is mad, but it made me think, now that we have had 3 years of AEW, and TK buying ROH, what does this look like?

So my question to you both, with the breadth of pro-wrestling history you’ve witnessed over the decades, in the unlikely event Tony Khan bought WWE, is this something that could even work? Or would it just be a detriment to the industry?

Can you guys outline the timeline of that fateful Saturday that lead to the “4 Pillars” t-shirt being “changed”?

Many years ago I got turned on to Nathan for You from you guys discussing it on the pod.

I love it and wanted to know what was your favourite sketch on the show? Keep up the good work! Dan

Anthony from Detroit

I enjoy all of your shows and John’s impressions make them even better.

John. Who is your favorite wrestler to impersonate?

Wai, your favorite John impression?

Cheers!

What was the last alcoholic beverage you each had? And what is your drink of choice?

Mahmood from Bahrain,

Hope I got this under the wire.

I really love hearing you guys talk about the observer hall of fame so for fun I thought add a couple of WWE hall of famers that would never get any consideration in a real pro wrestling hall of fame and I’m hoping you could briefly talk about if they’d have any sort of validity for a hall of fame. If not a general overview of what their legacy is in the scheme of modern pro wrestling:

The Great Khali
JBL
Kane
Molly Holly
The Bella Twins
RVD
Ted Dibiase Sr

Two quick questions if I get in on time.

1. You spoke about John Cena on the latest review a wai and his ability in matches like the ones against AJ to deliver.

Where do you think John Cenas legacy will fall as a in ring wrestler with fans now and in years to come in comparison to the level of his hate his run encountered from smart fans initially.?

And if Rock vs Roman does in fact happen at WM39 how likely do you think it would be for the title or can you envisage a scenario where it’s not for the the belt and maybe Cody faces a Drew who wins the belt at clash in a night one main event? If the belt is on the line the likelihood of rock winning is obviously decreased also

1 Like