Asuka: One year later

Don’t ask me, i’m not in charge of talent relation, HHH is. Plus how is Asuka worst of. Really, She making more money on the main roster then she would have done staying in NXT plus she’s position as the number 2 challenger behind Charlotte on smackdown. So in my book she better off now then a year ago.

Put Asuka in NXT on top so we could complain how she’s being used to stifle all the other women on that show.:thinking:

It’s almost like you can’t push everyone to the moon all the time.

Asuka should be the one that the division is built around. The other main roster women are not in her league in the ring.

I think that the 3 Japanese women are much better than all the other women in WWE. Their offense looks so good and not sloppy like most other women.

Simple question Deezy: Is Asuka more over now or last year?

She came in as a killer and now dances with Naomi. There has been no plan and no reason to call her up at all.

She is still the same level of popularity as when she debuted and wasn’t that much of a killer since she had a competitive match with Emma (there was a major rantfest over that on the old forum over that).

Just because she isn’t featured on top, doesn’t negate that she’s only lost a handful of times in her entire WWE run. Maybe if people didn’t put so much stick in a win streak, maybe they wouldn’t view her as such a failure. She doesn’t even suffer from 50/50 booking.

Hell Charlotte has a worse win/loss record than she does.

It’s like we are supposed to act like Asuka should be crammed into the feud of Charlotte/Becky.

There has been a hotter feud going over the summer Can’t just shoehorn someone into it because…reasons.

There’s ebs and flows in WWE…even the supposed guys who were big crammed down our throats had to slide down the card and onto other things.

And I seriously doubt still being in NXT would magically make her still on top, there’s been a major influx of women there that she would have to step aside for.

You’re exactly right…And I think that shows us that the creative had no idea how to capitalize on Asuka’s NXT “momentum” from the jump.

It’s not about everyone being a main eventer, it’s about putting your talent in the best position to succeed and crafting interesting stories around your talent. And it’s not a problem that’s germaine to Asuka or the women. There are dozens of folks on the main roster who could use a recalibration with their creative direction. :100:

I apologize fo my overuse of “over that”.

1 Like

So after making it to the main roster and having over a year to build her up, she’s still as over as she was in front of a few hundred people in Florida.

Thanks for making my point.

What point? That EVERYONE not named Eva Marie was over as fuck infront of Full Sail NXTbeards since it’s inception?

Maybe coming in with all this NXT hype is a hindrance because of theNXT fans expectations?

Look at the bigger successes from NXT…alot of them weren’t the NXT darlings who were headlining TakeOvers.

The point is they’ve doing nothing with Asuka in over a year.

No good storylines, no memorable matches, nothing. There was no point in calling her up.

You said it yourself, she’s at the same level she was at NXT. Just a complete waste of time to bother bringing her to the main roster.

Charlotte vs Asuka @Wrestlemania was very good.

2 Likes

So be a cast aside in NXT after she eventually loses is better than being on the road more and selling more merch and getting a bigger royalty check…yeah that’s waaaay better.

Let’s pretend the NXT audience would still be on her side being pushed that hard for 2 years.

And just think, if she was used effectively, she could be making even more money.

Instead she is scripted to say “wacky” things and dance.

“Wacky things”…pretty sure.she isn’t scripted to speak with an accent.

The point is everybody as to lose sometime. You can’t stay undefeated for ever and sadly they use asuka’s momentum to help Charlotte become a bigger star.

I feel like having NXT be such a prominent part of the WWE universe is both a blessing and a curse. By that I mean that while we see how the future talent are getting over, we also tend to get are expectation up because of it. We don’t realize that if you a big star in NXT that it’s like being a big fish in a small pound, kinda like back in the day when they would use ECW to showcase younger talents.

The thing is that they get calls up and fans want those NXT stars to continue being theses big stars on the main rosters when in fact they never really we’re big star in the first place.

Asuka is a great talent and they realize that and for the most part she’s been booked the right way on the main roster. She was the main focus during mania season, they used her as the main face of the smackdown roster during charlotte’s time off, now she not doing much outside the mixed match challenge because let’s face it, the Charlotte vs Becky feud was more important then anything else.

I’m certain that she will get a featured spot at survivor series and even after it as they need a new challenger for Becky and asuka fit the bills of what they are looking for. She been the number 2 star in the women’s division for over a year now and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

I stand by my point earlier. Obviously not everyone can be featured all of the time, but it ‘feels’ like she’s just toiling away into obscurity. With that being said, maybe that’s just an indictment on the entire Women’s Division. Maybe, if there was more than one featured women’s story happening on each show, like there is for the men, there would be something for Asuka to do. The only women featured are in the title picture typically, maybe it’s time for a change? Maybe it’s time for a Women’s Evolution?

i think that if Asuka was on raw instead of Smackdown, she would probably be in a feature spot every week. The think with smackdown is that their not enough time to give every major star a proper feud or story, so most of the time, the smackdown women’s division get just one major feud center around the champion and the rest just do nothing until is their turn to challenge for the belt