Austin Aries Wins Impact Championship at Television Taping

On the latest aired episode?

On all their social media platforms.

Does that not count?

Gotcha. I don’t follow them on social media.

As a former hardcore fan of TNA, I have to say this is at least something that might bring me back.

I loved Aries as TNA Champion the first time and I would be interested in seeing him return to that position.

But this will just be a jumping on point for me. If TNA want to keep me they need to get me invested in a feud with a good storyline, and ideally some good wrestling too. Austin Aries has the potential to make this happen but I no longer have time in my life to watch shows that ‘might get good eventually if you keep watching.’ I need shows to hook me that are actually good right now, otherwise there are plenty of other options out there.

Don’t know about that. I think right up until last year ROH have been really good. Back in the day they had great wrestlers like Brian Danielson, Samoa Joe and CM Punk, and up until last year they had Adam Cole, reDRagon, Leo Rush, ACH, etc.

Plus their association with NJPW also gives them access to The Elite, Bullet Club, and a whole host of Japanese stars.

I do think that at this moment in time ROH is probably in a bit of a lull, but as long as they still have the association with NJPW I don’t think they’re that far off in terms of star power. And the booking has always been consistent.

Maybe they’ll give him the run he deserved to have the first time. Although the pool of challengers is drastically different