Avengers: Endgame discussion thread (BEWARE OF SPOILERS)

What a great ending/beginning to the MCU! Still can’t believe what I just watched. Better than IW (even though I think the 2 as a complete film might be the best MCU joint to date). 9.45/10! :sunglasses::popcorn::100:

My Video Review/Reaction

2 Likes

Brother Nate, glad that you loved it. I felt massive goosebumps coming out of the theatre. The audience where I was at was on fire as well.

1 Like

one of the few movies I’ve been to where multiple times people got up and cheered!

It was so nice in my theatre where everybody was quiet throughout, save a few laughs here and there. No cheering, just some light clapping near the end.

What do you guys think?

That’s the link I use: from the most distant one to the most recent projects.

So Disney has the X Men Franchise AND the Avengers Franchise. They could do a crossover. After all, Scarlet Witch’s dad is Magneto. They might have to do a reboot of the X Men though cause her brother Quicksilver is dead in the Avengers world but he’s alive in the X men world.

I think if you want to introduce mutants into the MCU you definitely have to go full reboot, or it will leave a lot of plot holes concerning their existence in the world at earlier points.

It will be interesting to see how they’re introduced. The X-Men universe is almost as big as the rest of Marvel combined it seems.

1 Like

Honestly, if they just want a hand-wavey explanation, they can just say that the energy surges caused by the 3 snaps (1 in IW & the 2 from EG) affected the biology of certain individuals & unlocked their mutant genes.

I also think the 5-year jump in Endgame could also lead to us seeing Miles Morales in the MCU earlier than expected. :100:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s actually not a terrible idea, but I also think that you don’t want this to be the “beginning” of mutants, or it would hurt stories for guys like Apocalypse, Wolverine, Magneto etc. It would be a bit contrived, but maybe they can do something regarding mutantkind being kept secret from the public, like they’ve done in the comics a few times?

One thing I’ve wondered - when Captain marvel has the gauntlet why doesn’t she put it on, snap away Thanos and his crew, and then waltz over to the van ?

Seems odd that she had it in her possession. I understand why Hulk didn’t do it again (he was never near it) and one else is really strong enough to do it. (Although one could argue like Stark either Panther or especially Clint could have sacrificed themselves to do this to)

I guess it’s similar to why the eagles don’t fly the ring into mount doom or other such stuff - doesn’t really make for a great ending

Lol! Obviously the main reason the movie ended the way it did was b/c of the story (and The Feels, oh The Feels!).

But if I had to come up w/an in-world explanation…Maybe in the heat of the battle Carol wasn’t thinking about snapping, and just wanted to take the gauntlet off the table.

Whereas Tony has been thinking about that snap ever since they lost in “Infinity War” & once he got the opportunity to use the gauntlet, there was no hesitation. :100:

Carol also just arrived; she might not have known that Banner already snapped the first time (although she would’ve presumably felt the effects wherever she was coming from). Probably just saw Thanos here and only knew enough to keep the gauntlet away from him and into the hands of someone more directly involved with the situation, like Tony.

4 Likes

I can buy that to a certain extent.

It does seem that they (including Stark) can all communicate somehow so he could have told her to do it once she grabbed the gauntlet but I can buy they were too caught up in battle to realize they could have snapped away Thanos and then let Lang fix the car.

Overall the movie is great. Not at Infinity war level but close.

The only two things I kind of wished for:

1. Stark is a bit predictable - by giving him the family similar to John others in my theatre knew that meant he would die as he has now had a few years to enjoy family life and could die without as much regret as Cap who had nothing

2. I wish they had killed more Avengers. They only ones that die (Stark and Widow) do so via self sacrifice. I get that they don’t want to kill ones that may have future movies but for a battle that seems that epic you expect someone to die on the battlefield which no one really did. Needed a Theodean type death to make it truly epic. There were a few people I am sure they don’t have great plans for who could have died here to make the battle seem more deadly.

Otherwise just small wish list for a great ending